MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking in the manual and it says static distance should be 116mm from bottom of upper chain guard to centre line of lower chain links. Mine is measuring 150mm and does look a bit slack but it looks as if the chain will be too tight if I adjust this to 116mm. The bikes only done 300 miles so it must have been like this since delivery. If I lift the bottom chain upwards the distance then measures about 120mm when its tightly pulled which would suggest that this is how you measure it, but its not what it says in the manual. Can anybody shed any light on this?:conveyer

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Are you sure ?

Welcome to the forum mate.
And bike should be standing up straight at least if you don't have a rear axle stand.
You should be checking form the mark on the chain guard to the centre line of the chain as per attached picture.

Your chain seems dead slack.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dragster 800 chain

Cheers. That makes sense now, don't know how I missed the mark on the chainguard!! Re-measures at 119mm so not so bad

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Cheers. That makes sense now, don't know how I missed the mark on the chainguard!! Re-measures at 119mm so not so bad
No worries Jeffrey, glad to help. :) Love your forum name.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts