MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until I obtain the ride height tool used for chain adjustment. For the most part when the chain needs to be tightened is the ride height increasing or decreasing? Just a want to know thing, thanks!

2014 F4

·
Vendor
5,641 Posts
Until I obtain the ride height tool used for chain adjustment. For the most part when the chain needs to be tightened is the ride height increasing or decreasing? Just a want to know thing, thanks!

2014 F4
From memory,the slight chain adjustment required will raise the height very slightly.All depends of course the position of the hub.Normally the hub is forward of 6-Oclock if you understand what I mean.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do., once again thank you!

·
Super Moderator
24,113 Posts
Are you tightening or loosening the chain? This will make a difference in which way the eccentric hub rotates. This, in turn, will determine if your ride height goes up or down. In either case, it is a very slight change.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I was trying to work out whether the hub could physically be installed with the axle up, for someone REALLY short say. Then everything would be backwards.

It also depends on sprockets and chain length, as an extra few links or less teeth might require the axle to sit on the backside of 6 O'clock and begin lowering again.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Rear Ride Height

:Hi Guy's,i've just been checking the settings as the bike came from the factory with my new guage and surprise surprise the extended (max height) was 207mm instead of 222mm so i wound on some height, then checked sag and had to wind off preload to get roughly 203mm to get close to factory spec,yet to test due to wet weather here in sunny Sydney,i'll keep you posted as to the outcome as i certainly made a big adjustment.cheers Steve

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
I was trying to work out whether the hub could physically be installed with the axle up, for someone REALLY short say. Then everything would be backwards.

It also depends on sprockets and chain length, as an extra few links or less teeth might require the axle to sit on the backside of 6 O'clock and begin lowering again.
It's not rocket science man, just make sure that you do the same adjustments at the front.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Just musing Dons. At 6'3" I don't need to try :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
:Hi Guy's,i've just been checking the settings as the bike came from the factory with my new guage and surprise surprise the extended (max height) was 207mm instead of 222mm so i wound on some height, then checked sag and had to wind off preload to get roughly 203mm to get close to factory spec,yet to test due to wet weather here in sunny Sydney,i'll keep you posted as to the outcome as i certainly made a big adjustment.cheers Steve
Hi Steve

Did you make a note of your previous preload setting (fitted spring length) as I had to increase spring preload by 5mm to fitted length 155mm to stop my MY 2011 Brutale 1099rr from bottoming out and launching me (riding weight 75Kg), if you get bottoming you may want to return to where you had it if you were happy with the ride / handling.

Ciao Phil

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Phil,no i didn't check spring length partly due to thinking i wouldn't get an accurate measurement and i haven't had any problem with bottoming out,it's allways been firm,iv'e just done 12500k and i weigh about 90k ready to ride,i actually did 300ks trying out the new setting and i'm convinced it's made the steering feel a little quicker and more planted and it wasn't lacking to begin with and the damper a bit more compliant,i used the factory ride height tool and specs.Cheers Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts