MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as the title says, has anyone done this? Are there any huge up or down sides performance wise? I am interested in the aesthetic value mostly but wondering about more.
Thanks, JT

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I have seen people using it on f4's, not brutales
What happens is the engine can run cooler as it is radiating less heat, but exhaust tips may colour different as of the heat goiing out the back.
to personal, you need to do the whole lot as else you have colour differnces, pipes, collector of slip on.

So decision is yours

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Take a look at this thread in the F4 section.

Should I go back?
Guys just need some suggestions. I have the Arrows Carbon on my F4 right now and thinking of going back to 4 pipes.. Got an RG3 ceramic coated black.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I used JetHot on the headers on my 1000. You may notice a slight drop in engine temp as the ceramic coating traps a lot of heat inside the headers instead of radiating it outward behind the radiator.

No noticeable difference in performance. I did only the headers not the mid pipe or slip ons.

There are more than a few threads here on the subject.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the headers, mid-pipe, and slip ons coated with Jet-Hot. I think there's some previous threads floating around on Jet-Hot. I removed the tips and had them powder coated. In my opinion, the sterling coating of the Jet-Hot just looks better than stock. I haven't noticed much difference in engine temps, but I never paid much attention to the before and after.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts