MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys if your headers are corroded and not looking the best, I recommend ceramic coating. Besides the heat reduction the finish is brilliant.Just got my headers back for my Triumph (sorry not MV)which where very rusty and very ordinary looking.

mms_img2067837083.jpg

2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Some on an F4

Done by Hotbodies in Aus, for about $220 in I remember correctly, inside and out.
I still use those header, 5 years later they just faded a bit, still easy to clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,572 Posts

·
Vendor
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Done by Hotbodies in Aus, for about $220 in I remember correctly, inside and out.
I still use those header, 5 years later they just faded a bit, still easy to clean.
Looks good mate.My headers done in Brisbane $320.00,so I suppose 5 years on the price is relative to rising costs.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm keen to do this. On my old girl there is alittle heat damage on the lower fairing. Can't see in the photos, how far back do you go?

Do you think it made much difference to ambient heat?

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bit of an told thread revival, but I have just had my exhaust system coated by Zircotec, takes two weeks and isn't perhaps the cheapest. The finish is excellent, I'd highly recommend.
My reason was to reduce the temps in general, but mostly for the 4-2 collector which is close to the belly pan and cooks the plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have the titanium wrap but since my headers were multiple piece and had some struggle to fit them (big time) and not enough space to wrap them while they were on the bike I didn't do it.... in the states we have a place called Jet Hot coatings who's the "leader" not going to spend what they want and the down time + the apparent bad QC they do. Looking for a one piece header for my new gsxr 1000 so I can wrap them myself. Nothing makes such a difference in comfort and heat management as doing your exhaust. Easily the best mod for a street ride bike (especially ducati)

·
Super Moderator
21,467 Posts
Jet Hot coating on my Ducati Monster project:

Before:
DSC_2508r.jpg

After:
DSC_2791r.jpg

Flawless.

·
Registered
246 Posts
+1 Bono. Love the finish really complements the bike.

·
Registered
246 Posts
if you are in the US of A Jet Hot does a fantastic job. See Chuck's post
Yes sir, have one across town. Real happy with finish on mine

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts