MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have made it to 100.So hopefully there are 100 happy MV owners out there that don't have to worry about rear bearing failure.I had this hub zinc coated to make it a bit special.The hub is being donated to the MV racing guru.

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rob,I try and put money from hubs back into the MV community.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Thanks Rob,I try and put money from hubs back into the MV community.
Good on you for that attitude - if mine ever craps itself -I'll be sending my money your way for sure. :)

But I wouldn't bet on it just yet - from reading this forum over the years, it seems that MV built one decent F4 & one decent F3 and it also seems they sent them both to me :laughing:

Cheers mate :)

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Good on you Mitchy. #100 could be a collector's item! :naughty:

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Mitchy, Many thanks for your excellent work and good heart!
(Proud owner of #69)
Wow! Talk about a great number! Definite collector's item! :yo:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Great to know your'e still producing them Mitch......,So glad you paid no heed to the 'naysayers'..back in the day!
When I've some spare dough..,one of these are definitely on my list!
Well done mate!
Brian.

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brian,thank you very much.Your comment is honoured from a man with your skills.:yo:

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Nice work. Pardon my ignorance in the realm of metallurgy but is it feasible to make a hub out of silver?

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi mate,we have explored alot of materials but never silver.There is alot of wastage when making the hub because it is CNC machined out of a solid billet.Silver would be unaffordable.Magnesium is too brittle,titanium is costly mainly because of cost of the solid billet.So we decided with 7075 aircraft grade alloy,it is strong,durable,easy to machine and affordable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts