MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yamaha looks to have signed stoner for motogp in 07 as rossi's stablemate.

which leaves CE out.

he would probably prefer to stay in motogp - maybe with ducati or kawasaki (possible rides will be there in 07).

but i'd like to see him come back to where is greatest success was - WSBK. if FGSport can quit fucking around and get their specs straight (they should ban traction control), then MV may have a shot at doing something and CE would be a great choice for them. he's a good development rider, know's how to communicate with the engineers, and he's damn fast.

i, for one, would like to see it....

alex

·
Registered
151 Posts
CE on MV would make my year.. but sadly MV cant afford motogp, which really sucks so bad!.. WTF Benelli is going to be in motogp in 2007, I think a well backed company needs to buy MV and get them back in mix.. such a waste for a great bike company..

I was hoping Hayden would be rossi's teammate that would have been sweet! haha

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
All i know is that if MV was in either WSBK or MotoGP i would fly to where ever they were racing to see a race. like many things in life if only there was a little more money in MV's pocket (or mine) the possibilities would be endless! :koolaid:

·
Registered
571 Posts
MV wouldn't be competitive enough in Superbike for Colin Edwards! Nor could they afford him!

He'll prolly stay with Yamaha but in World Superbike.... with Nori Haga, afterall they are racing together in the 8 Hours at Suzuka! Wishful thinking though.....would be nice.

The move to 800cc next year has prolly killed any chance of MV in MotoGP!

Where did you here about Yamaha and Stoner?

I heard Stoner is interested and Yamaha is looking for young meat... but I hadn't heard anything definate.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i hope to god MV DOES NOT GO TO MOTOGP!

unless they get a sponsor with very very deep pockets - like exxon/mobil or something. motogp is hugely expensive. they should stay far away from that series.

but WSBK is a real possiblity. but FGSport needs to do something to bring the costs back in-line. limiting the use of traction control would go a long way for that. policing it is a different story...

i want CE with MV in WSBK (that's a mouthful of acronyms)

alex

·
Registered
479 Posts
Why does everyone think traction control costs so much?

It only costs a lot when you spend your time figuring out ways to add it and not get caught...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the good systems cost more than the bike!
Ten Kate is working with PI Research to develop a system. One price estimate I saw wask $20k, then another was $40k!

The system used by Ducati, developed with Magneti Marelli is like $100k, if it's even for sale, which I don't belive it is.

These electronic systems are very expensive. Personally, I want more of them but not at the expense of having a one-horse race, which is pretty much the way it is now. WSBK went to a control tire a few years ago. Remember how only a certain group of riders with the good Michelin rubber would even have a chance of winning a race?

They should do the same for traction control. But how to enforce this one is going to be a LOT more difficult.

BTW, I just saw an interview with the CEO of Ducati Corse and he said that within 5 years traction control will be on street bikes. Once it's at the consumer level, then the price will be a lot lower, and all the teams can use it. Right now, it's just to specialized. My $0.02.

Alex

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a quater mil for traction control? holy crap. that's more than the cost of the bike!

they really need to do something to get this electronic warfare under control before WSBK turns into MotoGP.

alex

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The holly electronic shit is the reason, why MotoGp noobs like Pedrosa and Stoner are so fast... think of this: How much highsider have you seen in MotoGP with the up to 260hp 4-stroke compared to the 170hp 2-stroke?
Ok, tyres improved, and motor characteristics are much better... but that is not the main reason :wtf:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
altoon said:
the good systems cost more than the bike!
Ten Kate is working with PI Research to develop a system. One price estimate I saw wask $20k, then another was $40k!

The system used by Ducati, developed with Magneti Marelli is like $100k, if it's even for sale, which I don't belive it is.

These electronic systems are very expensive. Personally, I want more of them but not at the expense of having a one-horse race, which is pretty much the way it is now. WSBK went to a control tire a few years ago. Remember how only a certain group of riders with the good Michelin rubber would even have a chance of winning a race?

They should do the same for traction control. But how to enforce this one is going to be a LOT more difficult.

BTW, I just saw an interview with the CEO of Ducati Corse and he said that within 5 years traction control will be on street bikes. Once it's at the consumer level, then the price will be a lot lower, and all the teams can use it. Right now, it's just to specialized. My $0.02.

Alex
BMW is bringing traction control to a $15000 street bike -- It seems 5 years was too far out a projection.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The twins will be allowed 1200cc soon.... Ducati's dominance commences! My opinion.

It will be awesome!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts