MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've fallen in love with the Brutale 750 S. I rode one and it was awesome. I must have one.

The only thing that's got me worried so far is the electrical gremlins that these bikes have. It seems inevitable that every 750 will have some of these. The one I rode had indicators that flickered in uneven beats, so I figure the CDI must be on the way out (at least, from threads I've read).

I checked with a dealer here for how much a new CDI costs and he reckons $1400 Aussie (about $1250 US) which is just NUTS. It seems these go for less than $500 in the USA? Presumably cheaper in europe?

So my questions:
- If I replace the CDI on a 2004-2006 750 Brutale, is the replacement CDI likely to stuff up as well? Or are the replacement CDIs good?
- Is there a place I can order a CDI from overseas that will post to AU$ for a lot less than I could buy one here for?

·
Registered
337 Posts
From what I have read on the forum here, it seems like the replacement box works fine without issues. I don't think you need to worry with the replacement version.

Try Vesuvioracing (one of the board sponsors). I think they are much cheaper than the price you were quoted.

Good luck.

Mike

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
when I got my replacement it was definently different than the original. It was much lighter, and the case appeared to be out of a better material. The original looked like it had a blue plastic paste as the backing where as the new one has the same black plastic all around sealing it nicely. The weight difference was the most noticeable thing I thought though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I found khameron's site (Vesuvio Racing) last night after trawling the forums for hours. Even with shipping you are less than half the price!

khameron, on one of the models of 750 S on your site (MY 2004) there is no SPU listed - http://www.oem-vesuvio.com/1_756_104_130/electric-system.html. Does that mean there are no more of that SPU available at all? There was a thread here were some guy in the UK was having major trouble trying to get an SPU for his 750.

Has anyone had a replacement fail?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
i have the same model year, vesuvio pointed me in the direction of the spu for the 2003 brutale. I recieved it in may and have no complaints.

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Jisk - on the underside of the fuse cover is teh SPU (Service Power Unit) part number - use that for correct part replacement....and yes I've replaced mine via Vesuvio and the guys were great.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
my number was on the rear side of the SPU just in case you don't find it in the case

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Thanks, I found khameron's site (Vesuvio Racing) last night after trawling the forums for hours. Even with shipping you are less than half the price!

khameron, on one of the models of 750 S on your site (MY 2004) there is no SPU listed - http://www.oem-vesuvio.com/1_756_104_130/electric-system.html. Does that mean there are no more of that SPU available at all? There was a thread here were some guy in the UK was having major trouble trying to get an SPU for his 750.

Has anyone had a replacement fail?

Thanks.
Send us a message via the contact page here http://www.oem-vesuvio.com/contact.html
We'll get back to you asap.
I think by next week, we'll have the VIN and engine number matching available on the site. You guys will be able to check which part is compatible with your engine number.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts