MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Only available with three pedals.....Yee ha.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Drive away price $208,000 here in Aus, with no options. Land of the taxman

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Drive away price $208,000 here in Aus, with no options. Land of the taxman
$70-80K in US. My daughter works for Porsche Cars North America (hdqtrs in Atlanta). She says the PCNA folks are really excited over this car.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
$70-80K in US. My daughter works for Porsche Cars North America (hdqtrs in Atlanta). She says the PCNA folks are really excited over this car.
Shows how much we get ripped off here on imported cars/ bikes?. If it was that price here ,I would buy one no hesitation.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Just the beginning for Australia right?
No in country built vehicles after 2017?
Ford, GM and Toyota leaving, is Volvo there?

Ed S :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Just the beginning for Australia right?
No in country built vehicles after 2017?
Ford, GM and Toyota leaving, is Volvo there?

Ed S :)
Yes that's right, all three will stop making cars here soon. And that's why imports are expensive especially if there over $57,000 Lct kicks in . We Have high taxes to protect local car industry,but that will soon stop. Volvo is here,but they were never made here.
There is debates now about getting rid of these high taxes ,as there will no car industry to protect.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
It's up on Porsche's web site. http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/cayman/cayman-gt4/

Base price $84,600 US. After going through the "Build" process to add a couple of my essential options, I came up with:

Base price: $84,600
Price for Equipment: $2,990
Destination Charge: $995
Total Price:* $88,585

Well deserved enhancement to the Cayman model. There is no Power Kit, so the 911 can still be configured to have more power, and I'll speculate that the 911's current Power Kit option will become standard so as to keep it "above" the Cayman.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
I'll speculate that the 911's current Power Kit option will become standard so as to keep it "above" the Cayman.
I don't think so Kevin.....the base 911 Carrera has the 3.4, and the Carrera S has the 3.8 engine. The "Power Kit" is only available on the 3.8. Porsche sells a large number of "starter car" 911's trying to keep the prices down into the low $100's.

My 911-50 has the 430hp power kit 3.8. Building my Cayman came in at $117k with ceramic brakes. Yikes!

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
...the base 911 Carrera has the 3.4, and the Carrera S has the 3.8 engine.
I didn't know that. Having not bought a 911 in 15 years, I really haven't kept up with all the options. I wonder how many of the 50 years have Porsche offered two different sized naturally aspirated engines. Off the top of my head, I don't remember them offering it from 1964-2000.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts