·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
pigiolino said:
Every day in the world died so much people for much different motive.
But wen you read tha paper in Sunday morning to the sea and you read then a boy died near your home on bike to low speed,believe me,your sunday it is sad!
Good bye LUIGI,we remember you all on your beautiful F4 750.
:bawling: Rest in peace..

Be careful everyone

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this. This is, sadly, the risk we take to do what we love.
Rest in peace, and we'll see you at the top of the mountain.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
It is indeed very sad when a life is taken early and every time I read about a death on the road it really makes me wonder, as a Father, am I being selfish (especially when I'm looking at my 8yr old son) thinking what it would do to him if something happened to me because I ride a motorcycle on the road.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Odonata, I don't commute anymore...I'm not comfortable being around so many cars nowadays. I picked up my bike from a service in the city last week and had to ride it back in evening peak-hour...not enjoyable. It's pretty much straight into the hills and straight back again but even that can be scary enough with the seemingly increasing nimber of assholes cutting corners and people using their 4WD as race cars, the mostly skinny roads we have with driveways and sideroads everywhere and who knows if something has happened to the road surface and with those armco railings...so close....and lets not forget about the wildlife.

Last ride I went on this woman pulled up to a t-junction in her 4WD as I was approaching , cigarette hanging out her mouth. No sunglasses on so I could see I made eye contact her and she then proceeds to pull out in front of me before actually realising I was there and jumping on the brakes in just enough time to avoid an accident.

Sharing the roads with too many bad drivers and who knows how many drunks???

·
Registered
878 Posts
First, my thought with the family for their loss the...
Rockethouse said:
Odonata, I don't commute anymore...I'm not comfortable being around so many cars nowadays. Sharing the roads with too many bad drivers and who knows how many drunks???
Ditto... besides I don't want to be on the road during rush hour traffic, when everyone is totally stressed out coming back from a hard day at work. I rather be on the road on the weekend when most are relaxed and are possibly having fun or going somewhere fun, or in the evening when people are going out to have fun. Avoid work traffic...

On another note, I try to ride with slower (but experienced) riders now on the road (sometimes Hardleys), to avoid letting my social ride turn into racing on public roads. I take it to the track when I want to go fast now. Cops in our area have been targetting bikers and speeders on the road. Last week they took two bikers to jail for doing 120mph & 134 mph. The guy with 120mph was released on $10,000 bail, while the guy with 134mph was denied bail, and is still in jail!!! (I'm sure that was due to his prior record). But the fact of the matter is that public streets are not for 100+ mph speeds... those are "going-to-jail" speeds. :stickpoke :stickpoke

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Rockethouse, you should try riding or driving in Sydney peak hour traffic!!! Crazy P platers trying to race you in traffic FARK!!! Or Taxi who slams on the brakes just to pickup a fare or drop off a passenger.

I've driven in Europe, US and Asia and Sydney drivers are as bad as drivers in Shanghai.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
pigiolino said:
Gino,
it leaves a young wife and a baby of 7 years.
I remember he to turn in town with its baby behind.
This thing upsetted me.
Pier,
i surely hope that you will visit the family and spend some time to come to terms with this terrible loss.
i feel very sad for you today, my friend for this loss has hit you very hard

please do not hold your feelings inside.... it is not healthy

my prayers will be with you as well tonight

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Perhaps the only reasonably safe/more predictable place to ride is the track... Kamran, I agree when riding with others the speed often gets higher than if we ride along... for that reason I don't even ride FOR FUN on the streets/canyon anymore, I take it to the track only.

I must admit, It is very hard for me to give up the "short cut" or "traffic pass" of being a motorcycle commuter, although the distance for my commute is short(8-10 miles one way), during busy traffic hours it can take up to 35-50 minutes by car, and with lane sharing being legal here in CA it only takes 15-25 minutes, it is certainly a whole lot more "fun" than sitting in the car for me, riding for commute is a real stress reducer for me, I actually look forward to it.

I have logged just under 25,000 miles in the past 3 1/2 years, I have been very lucky, only 2 very minor incidents, one being @ 7 mph and the other I was stopped(the road rage incident).

I am getting more and more concerned about riding on the road these days because I feel I am getting to be perhaps "too comfortable" with riding in high stress/busy traffic situations, I am very alert and vigilante but I think being a little overly confident may get me in trouble... the fact is that it is risky riding on the road between fast moving cars and as I am getting to be quite comfortable I take even more risk sometimes, I have to admit that I do feel the rush from a sense of omnipotence, I know it's all false security...

Rocket, I hear you; just curious, how often do you ride now? do you go to the track for your riding craving? I feel the same way about wanting to be alive and well for my son and family, not to mention for my career... also, I have never had a broken bone in my life(knock on wood!) and would like to keep it that way and be well so I can continue to enjoy all the sports and activities in the future...

I am not sure what I will do, this is a hard one for me.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
odonata said:
Rocket, I hear you; just curious, how often do you ride now? do you go to the track for your riding craving? I feel the same way about wanting to be alive and well for my son and family, not to mention for my career... also, I have never had a broken bone in my life(knock on wood!) and would like to keep it that way and be well so I can continue to enjoy all the sports and activities in the future...

I am not sure what I will do, this is a hard one for me.
It is a hard one.

I ride as often as I can which usually works out around once a week during winter and in the not so wet months around one to three times a week, not very often more than that.

Track days are all too rare for me. If I could afford to race or ride at the track (albeit they are mostly crap tracks here in my state) weekly or close to I think I might give away the road riding accepting the occasional group ride.

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thoughts are with you and the family mate. At least he died doing what he loved. Its tragic either way.

Minime - ever driven in Adelaide? Rockethouse will probably agree but they have teh worst drivers in the country. To make matters worse most of them are driving erratically in unroadworthy cars. I remember a nervous cab ride to the airport there where the cabbie said that he didn't believe in changing brake pads as "he could drive around it" and that he only ever changed tyres when he had one blow on him. And then he'd just put retreads on!!!!

On another note, Rockethouse I'll be down your way in late August (sans bike unfortunately) if you want to meet up for a beer.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Troz said:
Thoughts are with you and the family mate. At least he died doing what he loved. Its tragic either way.

Minime - ever driven in Adelaide? Rockethouse will probably agree but they have teh worst drivers in the country. To make matters worse most of them are driving erratically in unroadworthy cars. I remember a nervous cab ride to the airport there where the cabbie said that he didn't believe in changing brake pads as "he could drive around it" and that he only ever changed tyres when he had one blow on him. And then he'd just put retreads on!!!!

On another note, Rockethouse I'll be down your way in late August (sans bike unfortunately) if you want to meet up for a beer.
Erratic driving...un-roadworthy cars...yep sadly all true, we are without doubt at least title contenders....also nice of you not to mention there is far too many people per head of capita sporting mullets or suffering some equally tragic fashion affliction... we need a mullet smilie :laughing:

Troz, having a beer sounds like a good idea to me :koolaid: but I'm
not sure if I'll be here around end of August it's 50/50 at the moment..either way I should be back early September. I'll PM you when I find out whats happenening. How long you coming for?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts