MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the convertor/collector off my 05 750S to fit bodis pipe which is excellent, Anyway I noticed that I can shine a torch straight through the old cat which makes me wonder if it is actually a catalytic convertor or just a collector. I thought convertors forced exhaust gas through the catalyst blocks which would surely be visible when looking through the convertor. Any wisdom on this ?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes more sense then, wonder what year the cats started and how much weight it adds to the exhaust.

·
Registered
14,568 Posts
cus;
sounds like somebody removed it.....if it never had one, it'd have a plain link pipe

if nothing else the cat is big and ugly

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I'd say someone messed with it Cus. Does the collector weigh a ton or does it feel nice and light when you pick it up ? The one on my 750 was heavy, it wasn't just an empty box...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That`s the strange thing ,Ive had the bike for about 6yrs ,had 11,000ks when I got it and was bog stock. The collector looks unmolested and I was surprised how little it weighed (about 2.5 kilos) .Ive put a link pipe on which is still lighter and sounds better just confused about the convertor, but then being confused is nothing new to me, or is that bewildered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts