MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take most of you have seen the crashes at the start of the moto gp last night :eek: :eek: :eek: . Melandri and Caparossi are under observation (for a predicted 24hrs) in intensive care. Gibernau is undergoing surgery for a fractured collarbone.

Melandri and Caparossi have some nasty injuries and will be having further tests to determine when the they will be able to return to racing.

Best wishes for thier speedy recovery

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Yeah, it was a scary crash :eek: :stickpoke

Best wishes for them, but unfortunately i don't think they will be able to race in Assen :bawling:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a scary crash, those bike are amazing...to go end over under brakes at that speed is incredible.

I feared the worst when I saw the crash and thought that Melandri was going to be paralysed, sounds like it was very close... good to see he will be ok.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I was there, at that corner.
When I arrived saturday at the circuit I told to my friend: if something's got to happen at the first brake, it will happen here.
I was shooting pics in sequence, I didn't realize immediately what was happening. When I did, I stopped shooting. My blood freeze.

Capirossi and Melandri did not move, unnatural position.
Somebody told me "take a pic!" I replide "untile they don't move, I won't". It was too scary, pure horror.
I was so scared. Among hundreds of people of Montmelò a sudden silence.
First aid to Capirossi, he moves an arm, he's ok. All the people applause.
But Melandri is still there and paramedics are late. One of them is shouting to hurry up. I remember I shouted too "MOVE UP!".
Other riders arrives with the red flag Rossi almost stop his bike when he sees Melandri on the ground, not moving. Move on very slowly, still watching him. They're good friend, he was truly worried.
Then finally Melandri is took to the ambulance and he moves the legs...I started breathing again.
:flat:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Glad to hear that everyone is going to be ok. Indeed that was scary.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts