MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
This sucks, I use to be able to tell people I ride a Harley, cant say that now :(

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
From the press realease.........."Both the current and new models under development have a very strong character, great innovative
features and a very unique design, I have no doubts about their future success."
Sounds like the rumors are true about new models :drummer:

·
Registered
80 Posts
"Both the current and new models under development have a very strong character, great innovative
features and a very unique design, I have no doubts about their future success." :drummer:
I agree, always thought mv would be bought back CC:f4:

maybe tamburini will return:stickpoke

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
They've also got Bordi, the guy who invented the water-cooled 4-valve Ducatis. So we got rid of an owner who makes $25,000 driveway oilers and we've got the guys who

invented the original 4-valve Ducatis (851/888)
produced 916/996
invented the modern naked bike (Ducati Monster)
The MV F4
The Brutale
and pretty much made WSBK what it is through their commitment to that sport in the formative years.

·
Administrator
20,391 Posts
Well....I think we all need to say thank you to Harley for turning the company around, getting the parts supply chain working properly, and bringing the new product to market (at a competitive price, too)....I would say Harley has done a good job with MV.

Proper advertising, proper product launches, proper support......hope CC doesn't bungle it all (again).

·
Registered
108 Posts
So ends another fling with an Exotic Italian Super Model, Will American Companys ever learn? They get outsmarted every time by the crafty Europeons. Anyone remember when Chrysler bought Lambo? or the partnership with Masserati? How about the German fiasco? Harley did this before with Aermacchi, Ford with Volvo? GM and Saab. Now maybe its time for the Chinese to run us through the ringer, our overpaid CEOs just cant resist a bad deal.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
that is good news, probably one of the best course of action for MV Agusta as a brand.
Lets just hope that they don't go in the hole again.
I am optimistic about this triple model

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I some how don't think this will be the last bit of corporate wrangling, but I hope they can concentrate on the business of building bikes now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
They've also got Bordi, the guy who invented the water-cooled 4-valve Ducatis. So we got rid of an owner who makes $25,000 driveway oilers and we've got the guys who

invented the original 4-valve Ducatis (851/888)
produced 916/996
invented the modern naked bike (Ducati Monster)
The MV F4
The Brutale
and pretty much made WSBK what it is through their commitment to that sport in the formative years.
Bordi was certainly involved with the development of the Desmoquattro Ducatis, but I have been told by insiders that he is a master "goldbricker", and a "legend in his own mind":shitfan:. Tamburini was responsible for the 916-998, and Miguel Galluzzi was responsible for the Monster. Fitting, though, that Bordi is coming from a stint at Deutz, whose specialty is air-cooled diesel engines:stickpoke

·
Registered
354 Posts
But, but, Isn't this the second time recently, that MV has had a financial problem. Proton got rid of them now HD has done the same. If we want the new models, they have to have sound financial backing sell more and back it up. I'm keen to see the 675 triple. :hitit:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts