MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Castiglioni during new F4 presentation!!

Here in italian, lower my translation:

"Una storia incredibile che ha viaggiato di pari passo con quella di MV Agusta: una storia che non può finire nemmeno dopo il comunicato del 15 ottobre della Harley Davidson, in cui si parla senza mezzi termini della messa in vendita della nostra azienda. Una vera e propria doccia fredda per me, per i dipendenti: io rispetto la decisione di HD, perchè un'azienda quando ha problematiche da risolvere non può essere criticata, ma critico la forma e lo stile. La questione poteva essere approcciata in altro modo, soprattutto perchè si deve rispetto a questa azienda: per la sua storia, per i suoi prodotti, per chi ci dedica tutto sé stesso e perchè, senza false modestie, è stata colei che ha fatto rinascere il motociclismo in Europa con il sogno Cagiva corse a cavallo dei fine anni '80 e primi '90.

NON VI ABBANDONERO' MAI
Quella in cui ci ritroviamo è una situazione complicata, certamente, ma voglio dire una cosa agli operai che sono presenti con noi qui in sala e non capisco perchè non siano in prima fila: non li ho mai abbandonati nei momenti più difficili, non li abbandonerò certo adesso. Io assicuro loro che mi metterò ancora in gioco, perchè MV Agusta merita il massimo.

Forse sarà l'ultima volta che riuscirò a farlo, perchè le botte che ho preso in questi anni sono stati dure e prima o poi viene il momento per tutti "di stufarsi", ma credo di avere ancora la forza per andare avanti: ci tengo troppo a questa azienda, non voglio che vada in mano a gente che può usare male questo marchio e questo nome. Ci sono degli interessi forti, insomma, che mi legano a questo "discorso" e voglio difenderli con le persone che hanno sempre lavorato con me: non vi abbandonerò mai.

In english

After an intro talking about Cagiva and races....

"The history of Cagiva always walked close to MV history: a history that can't finish even after the communicate of the 15th of october from HD, were they talk without hiding nothing, about the intention to sell our company. A real cold shower for me and workers: wile i respect HD decision, because a company with problems can't be criticized, i critic the way and the style they did it. The situation could be handeled in a differnt way, specially because this company (MV) deserves respect: for her history, for her products, for who dedicated to her all his efforts and because, without false modesty, she is responsible of motoring in Europe throught Cagiva Corse in late 80' and beginning of 90'.

The situation is complicated, certainly, but i want to say one thing to workers who are here in the stand and i don't know why they are not here in first row: i never abandoned you in the difficult moments and i am not goin to do it now: i am going to play again my role because MV deserves the maximum.

Maybe it's the last time that i'll do it because during all this years i've been hitted so many times and soon or later the moment you feel tired arrives, but i still have the strenth to go on; i love too much this company, i don't want that she can fall in the wrong hands that can hurt this brand and this name. There are too many interests that tie me to this company and i want to defend them with the persons that always worked with me: I WILL NEVER ABANDON YOU."

I personally always had not a great opinion about Castiglioni; this words redeems him totally in my eyes and i feel a bit closer to this company today. Hope Castiglioni will be able to get back MV and wish him all the best.

Castiglioni, good luck and thank you.

PS: hope my translation not too bad.:)

http://www.omnimoto.it/magazine/3773/claudio-castiglioni-non-vi-abbandoner-mai

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Your translation was excellent. What a refreshing piece of news in this dog eat dog world. He has my admiration and respect as well.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Great to hear some passion from the man.

All I have seen in magazines is that he was giving free bikes to hot girls and famous people.

Nice to see this

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
i am going to play again my role because MV deserves the maximum.

Maybe it's the last time that i'll do it because during all this years i've been hitted so many times and soon or later the moment you feel tired arrives, but i still have the strenth to go on; i love too much this company, i don't want that she can fall in the wrong hands that can hurt this brand and this name.
Does this mean CC is buying MV Agusta back for HD?

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Thank you! Lets hope he can get back into the drivers seat and keep the good things coming for MV!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I like the speech, but I feel those are empty words. If you read about CC, he's nothing but a playboy who throws money he doesn't have at expensive toys (helicopters, cars) and beautiful women.

His son is the same. I saw an interview with him and all he talked about was women and toys... nothing about MV the brand. I could tell he could care less.

CC has lost every company he's built (Ducati, Husqvarna). I bet MV's next, especially with the world economy the way it is now.

Sad.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think CC's words are sincere. I believe a company like MV, with the technology and the marque, will be purchased. Let's just hope that it is by a company with a long-term view of the marketplace. HD, like most U.S. companies, is focused solely on quarterly profits and not on building long-term value.:violin:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
not a fan of HD but let's not forget that without them i don't think MV would be able to :
-launch a new B4
-launch a new F4
-be just about to launch a new 675cc
-...operate without any debt

So, if HD were not very diplomatic in their announcing the sale of MV, they still didn't treat MV like they treated Buell either.
The cleaned-up situation MV is in right now (that is a really clean one at last !!!) more than fully makes up for HD lack of manners.

Also...let's see how B4 and F4 sales pick-up. If no buyer shows in the next 6 months, MV might come up with some sales number that might make HD change their mind.
Why sell a company that took a lot of investment and which would be putting out a profit in the not so long term?

CC has the passion though...that's for sure and hopefully that will be enough to get MV going.

...just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
A deal will be done, for sure...

Remember...the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Continue to expect: beautiful & expensive Italian machinery, slow delivery and response, parts and service to be at times spotty, and management to be not fully aware of reality. And remember, Italians vacation during the month of August.

Peter

·
Registered
395 Posts
Castiglioni may be a playboy, but he DID bring us our F4 and Brutale. What he does next i couldn't care less. I've got my piece of art. :)

Besides, if I looked like his son, I'd be a playboy, too. My wife digs him...

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think CC's words are sincere. I believe a company like MV, with the technology and the marque, will be purchased. Let's just hope that it is by a company with a long-term view of the marketplace. HD, like most U.S. companies, is focused solely on quarterly profits and not on building long-term value.:violin:

+1...

Let me explain, as in many previous posts, I've tried to defend hd, (notice I won't even bother to capitalize any more...) but those days are gone.

My job is moving south in the name of greed. The mofoco is going south because they expect to pay Billyjoejimbob half what they pay me. I hope they get what they deserve. Quality will suffer greatly. Bubbajay is still gonna go fishin' on Friday, no matter what, so there goes their attendance...and there's only 10,000 people in the freakin' town...they'll go through ALL of them in a few years.

<<Rant off>>...sorry about that...:blah:

The reason I did the +1 was, as Avvacato stated, hd is only interested in the quarterly profits. Too true. I also hope that whatever company buys it has the same passion for the brand that is displayed on this board. That's probably way too much to ask for, but wouldn't it be cool? I'm not really sure about the C.C. thing, as didn't hd pay of, like, 90 million in debt when they bought MV?

All that being said, I've aready sold the Buell and the harley is for sale, but I'll keep the MV forever...:yo:

Al

:f4:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
+1...

My job is moving south in the name of greed. The mofoco is going south because they expect to pay Billyjoejimbob half what they pay me. I hope they get what they deserve. Quality will suffer greatly. Bubbajay is still gonna go fishin' on Friday, no matter what, so there goes their attendance...and there's only 10,000 people in the freakin' town...they'll go through ALL of them in a few years.
Al, I'm gonna try to be uncharacteristically diplomatic here because you're loosing your job, and for that, I'm sorry. Your generalizations about "Billyjoejimbob" are insulting and not based on any kind of factual information.

Honda builds world class quality Odysseys in Alabama. Mercedes does the same. Nissan employs "Bubbajay" in Tennessee, Toyota does the same in Kentucky.

Sure, cost is a huge factor in their decisions to locate in Bubba states, but you must know that they wouldn't be here if the quality wasn't competitive.

In spite of the fact that we're all married to our cousins and are missing most of our teeth, apparently we don't all go fishing on Fridays.....Just 'cause we's all talks slooooow, don't mean we's all stooopid.....

As I understand, the closing of the York plant is not a done deal. I've heard that the state of Pa. has made a serious economic offer of incentives to try to keep the jobs in York. For your sake personally, I hope they are successful.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Castiglioni during new F4 presentation!!

Here in italian, lower my translation:

"Una storia incredibile che ha viaggiato di pari passo con quella di MV Agusta: una storia che non può finire nemmeno dopo il comunicato del 15 ottobre della Harley Davidson, in cui si parla senza mezzi termini della messa in vendita della nostra azienda. Una vera e propria doccia fredda per me, per i dipendenti: io rispetto la decisione di HD, perchè un'azienda quando ha problematiche da risolvere non può essere criticata, ma critico la forma e lo stile. La questione poteva essere approcciata in altro modo, soprattutto perchè si deve rispetto a questa azienda: per la sua storia, per i suoi prodotti, per chi ci dedica tutto sé stesso e perchè, senza false modestie, è stata colei che ha fatto rinascere il motociclismo in Europa con il sogno Cagiva corse a cavallo dei fine anni '80 e primi '90.

NON VI ABBANDONERO' MAI
Quella in cui ci ritroviamo è una situazione complicata, certamente, ma voglio dire una cosa agli operai che sono presenti con noi qui in sala e non capisco perchè non siano in prima fila: non li ho mai abbandonati nei momenti più difficili, non li abbandonerò certo adesso. Io assicuro loro che mi metterò ancora in gioco, perchè MV Agusta merita il massimo.

Forse sarà l'ultima volta che riuscirò a farlo, perchè le botte che ho preso in questi anni sono stati dure e prima o poi viene il momento per tutti "di stufarsi", ma credo di avere ancora la forza per andare avanti: ci tengo troppo a questa azienda, non voglio che vada in mano a gente che può usare male questo marchio e questo nome. Ci sono degli interessi forti, insomma, che mi legano a questo "discorso" e voglio difenderli con le persone che hanno sempre lavorato con me: non vi abbandonerò mai.

In english

After an intro talking about Cagiva and races....

"The history of Cagiva always walked close to MV history: a history that can't finish even after the communicate of the 15th of october from HD, were they talk without hiding nothing, about the intention to sell our company. A real cold shower for me and workers: wile i respect HD decision, because a company with problems can't be criticized, i critic the way and the style they did it. The situation could be handeled in a differnt way, specially because this company (MV) deserves respect: for her history, for her products, for who dedicated to her all his efforts and because, without false modesty, she is responsible of motoring in Europe throught Cagiva Corse in late 80' and beginning of 90'.

The situation is complicated, certainly, but i want to say one thing to workers who are here in the stand and i don't know why they are not here in first row: i never abandoned you in the difficult moments and i am not goin to do it now: i am going to play again my role because MV deserves the maximum.

Maybe it's the last time that i'll do it because during all this years i've been hitted so many times and soon or later the moment you feel tired arrives, but i still have the strenth to go on; i love too much this company, i don't want that she can fall in the wrong hands that can hurt this brand and this name. There are too many interests that tie me to this company and i want to defend them with the persons that always worked with me: I WILL NEVER ABANDON YOU."

I personally always had not a great opinion about Castiglioni; this words redeems him totally in my eyes and i feel a bit closer to this company today. Hope Castiglioni will be able to get back MV and wish him all the best.

Castiglioni, good luck and thank you.

PS: hope my translation not too bad.:)

http://www.omnimoto.it/magazine/3773/claudio-castiglioni-non-vi-abbandoner-mai
Thanks for this post and +1

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
A couple of things, the new bike is a real going concern, fully production ready with no 'pre production/prototype' parts, this would not have been possible AT ALL without HD.

As well as that all the aftermarket parts are also available, just look at the pics of mine, a full carbon 'Corse' version and a 'Tricolore' coloured bike (I wonder if MV will do a Ducati here and release a ltd edition tricolore before the main bike?

Castiglioni was showing around a VERY large contingent of Chinese or Tiwanese people, I don't know what to read into that? purchasers? parts suppliers?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I just got back from Milan and Varese.
Everyone I talked to at the factory is looking forward and they do not seem to be worried about the future. On the contrary, I got the genuine feeling that everyone feels that they are positioned better for the future than they ever have. The new product is very strong and apparently there is more exciting stuff in the pipeline! :naughty:

I am glad I went to the factory. Seeing everyone's excitment, I left there thinking that MV Agusta will be just fine.

CC is VERY passionate about MV. He may not own it anymore, but seing him at the show, it is very clear that MV still is his baby. He was at the MV display all day long, talking to people and showing people around. I am convinced that he simply will not let it die!

·
Super Moderator
21,427 Posts
+1...

Let me explain, as in many previous posts, I've tried to defend hd, (notice I won't even bother to capitalize any more...) but those days are gone.

<<Rant off>>...sorry about that...:blah:

The reason I did the +1 was, as Avvacato stated, hd is only interested in the quarterly profits. Too true. I also hope that whatever company buys it has the same passion for the brand that is displayed on this board. That's probably way too much to ask for, but wouldn't it be cool? I'm not really sure about the C.C. thing, as didn't hd pay of, like, 90 million in debt when they bought MV?

All that being said, I've aready sold the Buell and the harley is for sale, but I'll keep the MV forever...:yo:

Al

:f4:
Al, I'm gonna try to be uncharacteristically diplomatic here because you're loosing your job, and for that, I'm sorry. Your generalizations about "Billyjoejimbob" are insulting and not based on any kind of factual information.

Honda builds world class quality Odysseys in Alabama. Mercedes does the same. Nissan employs "Bubbajay" in Tennessee, Toyota does the same in Kentucky.

Sure, cost is a huge factor in their decisions to locate in Bubba states, but you must know that they wouldn't be here if the quality wasn't competitive.

In spite of the fact that we're all married to our cousins and are missing most of our teeth, apparently we don't all go fishing on Fridays.....Just 'cause we's all talks slooooow, don't mean we's all stooopid.....

As I understand, the closing of the York plant is not a done deal. I've heard that the state of Pa. has made a serious economic offer of incentives to try to keep the jobs in York. For your sake personally, I hope they are successful.

This probably isn't the right thread for this, but here goes:stickpoke:

Givent the choice between a slick northern boy who's book smart and a slow talkin' Jimmyjobillybob....I'm takin' JJBB...and kickin' some a** in every real aspect of the game...except perhaps understanding the latest "who-gives-a-sh*t" electronic wonder. When the bad thing happens in the world, Iwant the guy who's got my back to know how to use a gun, his hands, a fishin pole, a wire snare, a flint rock, a wrench and be able to fight his way out of a paper bag.

I am truly curious about the greed comment. I will admit my lack of factual knowledge here, but I'd be willing to bet that the wages and benefits package for the Northern line worker in an American automobile or motorcycle factory is very close to, equals or superceeds what I get paid to run a Nuclear Power Plant control room 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Holidays, weekends, hurricanes and blizzards included. I am certain that this is not "greed" motivated and is truly a "fair days wage for a fair days work" including those days the Northern worker isn't there for "Compelling Reasons"(Holidays, sick days, personal days...):blah:

Companies, Like HD, are resposible first to the share holder. Profit motivated. http://www.evolvingexcellence.com/blog/2007/02/what_harleydavi.html

I don't wish the loss of a job on anyone and I pray it never happens to me.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I am very appreciative of CC and his passion for MV. I just want him to get a very competent Chief Financial Officer if he reaquires the company and LISTEN to him about financial matters.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts