MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I doubt it, unless his mrs has had enough of him hanging around the house :laughing:
I think Honda are just paying him to test next years bike and no more. He is fast as feck and Dani and Marc aren't allowed to test it so why not.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
There's also a rumour he's going to be on a Ducati next year
Are the 2014 Ducati's getting the new V8 fitted??:naughty:

Oh and Did you see this bit in that link?..... ''Quote''...

...''HRC though has made it crystal clear that Stoner will not race as a wild card in his home round on October 20 or a week later in Honda’s home race in Japan.''

Brian.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Casey could win at home or on the road. He's amazingly fast and very smooth. A great rider. Pedrosa, Lorenzo and Marquez are lucky he hung up his riding boots.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I think Honda are just doing the very smart thing of taking advantage of the world's best proven rider who's not currently under contract to somebody else or banned under rules from testing prototypes. Makes perfect sense.

Si

·
Registered
194 Posts
I really hope not. There's enough negativity in the world already without listening that moaning, snivelling cry baby all over again.

·
Registered
392 Posts
No surprise it's an Englishman having the first whinge eh biaggi! Best whingers in the world..
Not all of us afeylad. Plenty of negativity to be heard over here in Oz from Australians, especially where Stoner is concerned. Personally I think he's great. Not too fussed on how his personality shows through. You ain't being paid for that, you're paid for winning. Exactly what he did!

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Casey could win at home or on the road. He's amazingly fast and very smooth. A great rider. Pedrosa, Lorenzo and Marquez are lucky he hung up his riding boots.
Elton, I find that racist against short Spanish men.

:)

I would like to see Mr Casey Stoner back on any factory bike as it would add to the sport of MotoGP.

Alas, I don't see that happening.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Not all of us afeylad. Plenty of negativity to be heard over here in Oz from Australians, especially where Stoner is concerned. Personally I think he's great. Not too fussed on how his personality shows through. You ain't being paid for that, you're paid for winning. Exactly what he did!
Yep spot on - I don't particularily like Stoner or his ways but can he ride? Well ask Ducati ;)

I don't have to have the guy around my place for a BBQ or a chin wag but he is VERY welcome on my TV when he rides the way he knows how to :yo:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I seem to remember Doohan wasn't exactly the most approachable kind of guy either, he just said what he thought and couldn't give a monkeys if you didn't like it, he let his racing answer all his critics, just like Stoner.

I'll save my judgment on whether or not I would have him round for a BBQ until I've met the guy. I think it's unfair to make an opinion of someone when you've only seen them on the TV being interviewed surrounded by the pressures of a race weekend?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I think Stoner became more vocal as the Duc became more and more unrideable and the Italians wouldnt listen to him. I love that he walked away and the great jerry burgess and Valetino couldnt even get a single race win. Seems to me he was moaning for a good reason...

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I seem to remember Doohan wasn't exactly the most approachable kind of guy either, he just said what he thought and couldn't give a monkeys if you didn't like it, he let his racing answer all his critics, just like Stoner.

I'll save my judgment on whether or not I would have him round for a BBQ until I've met the guy. I think it's unfair to make an opinion of someone when you've only seen them on the TV being interviewed surrounded by the pressures of a race weekend?

That is very true (I do mostly, try to live that way in reserving judgment until personally meeting someone) but sometimes the balance of probability tips the balance a certain way which inevitably proves to be the correct side - For instance, I don't have to go to the top of Mt. Everest to know it's bloody cold there.

Doohan, yes very true indeed - funny how 5 world titles can paint a different picture of how we remember someone.

If I had my way I'd send them all to the Giacomo Agostini school of Geniality, Charm & Class before they could get a full race licence. Having had the the pleasure of meeting him twice - 13 years apart he makes a total of lie of the idiom that "You should never meet your idols as invariably you leave disappointed". This is a guy that 15 world titles, if such a right exists, he has earned the right to act like a tool/douche but remains impeccable example to the sport in the public eye.

Now to complete flip this around & contradict myself, if it meant that Stoner would ride differently as a graduate if the Agostini school then I rather he remain a....err... remain Stoner! ;)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
No surprise it's an Englishman having the first whinge eh biaggi! Best whingers in the world..
Patrick...what about that 'prophesy' that you made a little while ago that Casey was going to ride as wild card at phillip island..and blow 'everybody' away winning for a 7th consecutive time??

You repeated it a couple of times ...and placed a bet on it also.

I only ask as I've already quoted from that link... http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2013/July/jul2213-stoner-to-test-factory-honda/.... and I'll quote it again............

...''HRC though has made it crystal clear that Stoner will not race as a wild card in his home round on October 20 or a week later in Honda’s home race in Japan.''

Brian:)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Selfishly, I would would rather Casey remain in Aus and continue his work in the V8 Supercar series...so far his performances have left a little to be desired, but I (like many Aussies) watch in anticipation that he can develop into a top level car racer as he did in MotoGP...Good on him for having the guts to change his life in such a major way...

·
Registered
710 Posts
I don´t know if Stoner will come back or not, but if he does he may unfortunatly make company at the bar with Rossi. There they will be huge story tellers....

The new generation riders, by far, are much better and better prepared for race and driving this new machines.

I´m a Rossi/Stoner fan, and keep good memories from their races.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not at all - not much to whinge about here - a great summer and as for our sporting successes for the last 2 years but probably best not to talk about that with an Aussie eh?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts