MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where I can place extra tools on a F4S?

I just manage to carry (below the seat) a pair of latex gloves, a tyre repair kit a few spanners from 6mm to 14mm and thats about all!!

I really want to bring a couple of plyers and a multigrip and a couple of disc lock.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Backpack, no way. Maybe I am asking too much from the MV, on my Aprilia I can hold a shit load of tools, wet weather gear, plus 1litre of two stroke oil in the dove tail and even two bottles of 600ml of diet coke.

I should look into making a small fibre glass compartment inside the belly pan, enough for emergency tools.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
minime said:
I just manage to carry (below the seat) a pair of latex gloves, a tyre repair kit a few spanners from 6mm to 14mm and thats about all!!
latex gloves huh....I wont even ask.

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you make a compartment, do it in kit form :) I might have one.

On my ZX-6R I used to carry a tyre Repair kit and a 12V Compressor :) I used it about 4 times, better than organsing a tow or a travelling machanic.

Jonathan

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, a tow just out of Sydney will cost about $200.00, on the weekend. I have a very small hand pump which is only 25mm in diameter and about 15cm long.

·
Registered
367 Posts
minime said:
Yep, a tow just out of Sydney will cost about $200.00, on the weekend. I have a very small hand pump which is only 25mm in diameter and about 15cm long.
Does that pump fit in the MV?
Whats the make?
How long does it take to pump the tire up ? ;)

Sorry bout the all the questions ...... :)

regards,
Jonathan

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I velco it just next to the ECU, I brought it from MCA awhile ago, comes in handy. It takes a good 10 min to pump the tyre up to about 30 psi. A bit of sweat as well.

Spacehumper, know anyone who sells aftermarket sprockets for a 2000 MV? Paul Feeney wants $400.00 for the stock rear sprocket,ouch!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
minime said:
Spacehumper, know anyone who sells aftermarket sprockets for a 2000 MV? Paul Feeney wants $400.00 for the stock rear sprocket,ouch!!!
Going for more teeth to get more grunt?
No, I don't know, cause I've only had the MV for about a month. (Don't think ill need it on the 1000). But for my Kawa I know I did get an aftermarket one. Paul Feeney will only carry original of course. I would look on ebay, (also Might get one machined for that price ;) )

C02 sounds like a good idea, wonder if I can fit the hand pump and C02. It really is a bad experience getting stuck with a flat. I only let it happen once b4 I installed a compressor and repair kit. (But I'm not ready for a flat on the MV yet.)

Regards
Jonathan

·
Registered
878 Posts
spacechumper said:
C02 sounds like a good idea, wonder if I can fit the hand pump and C02. It really is a bad experience getting stuck with a flat. I only let it happen once b4 I installed a compressor and repair kit. (But I'm not ready for a flat on the MV yet.)
Buy them from bicycle shops, they come in smaller packages.
Back in the old days, I used to carry a cord that connected to my spark plug at one end and the valve at the other end. Then by crancking the ignition, it'd pump air into the tire...used it many, many times...that was when spark plugs were easily accessible! :later:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nah, I perfer to have a harder useable hitting acceration then top speed. I like to put the engine in to the meaty powerband earlier.

·
Registered
878 Posts
minime said:
What happens when you run out of the CO2 gas in the middle of nowhere???
...that my friend, is when you have run out of luck!!!! :drummer:
Where do plan on riding anyway??? :later: ...hopefully not in India riding over nail matterss for the Mortaz, hmmmm!!! :rolleyes:
p.s. I carry a couple of capsules.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The places that we normally go riding, ie Oxley highway, putty road, great ocean road, is in the middle of no where. Petrol/gas station is about 200km between stops. Mobile phone coverage is zero.

PS : emergency services such as ambos is a good 1.5 hours away!!! So a simple first aid kit would also be good to carry. A tow back IS expensive.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've never used them before, but I think about 3-4 gas tubes will inflate one rear tyre. Thats what the sales person told me. So its gets kinda heavy, personally a manual pump is the most reliable and lightweight compromise to carry around.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Col3man said:
Will the C02 cartriges actaully fill up a tire? They seem kinda small...

Coleman
Hopefully, you won't need to inflate the entire tire as if there was no air in it. Usually as it goes flat, you need a little extra to get you to the nearest shop... but not 200 miles near :later:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts