MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Painted red. Sorry for the lame pics, It's been cloudy/rainy all week. I'll take new pics when the sun comes out.

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice paint job!
Thanks:) I did it myself. It needs a little more wet sanding and buffing but I am extremely happy with how it came out. Not bad for a first timer with a $17 spray gun from Pep Boys.

For all those looking for paint in the US here it is. It's super expensive at ~$60 a pint without the reducer. The paint guy says it's because red pigment is really expensive.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Red is always more expensive. Nice paint job though. I haven't painted anything in a long time, but I know how much GOOD paint helps make the job that much easier....again, nice job!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Looks lovely......

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
How exactly does that mount? Does it go in place of the seat or on top of the seat. Does it remove easily? Nice work by the way!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Their carbon is AMAZING, I've never seen carbon this good. Very thin and smooth on both sides with out any air bubbles, clarity is amazing. The amazing thing to me is how thin it is but also how strong it is. I have had many carbon items on all my bikes I have owned and this ranks on the top. I HIGH recommend CarbonWorld, to bad there is no US distributer. There shipping is very reasonable but also slow.

The mounting is very simple yet very ingenious. The only place it hooks on is the very rear of the seat. The front is held on by the front seat when the rear seat w/ cover is put on. The thing that makes this design work is that the cover tightly covers the seat, the tolerances are quite amazing (third time I used that word). Since it conforms to the rear seat perfectly the cover can not come off since there is no where for it to go.

Everyone looking for a solo seat at somewhat reasonable cost need to get this one. The eMoto one is also nice but very $$$. Their new plastic one is even more expensive this this carbon one. I prefer the shape of CarbonWorld over the eMoto plastic one because it's raised above the seat on the top giving a more for a cowl appearance rather than just a plastic shaped seat. Just my opinion, now spam necessary:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
dumbcomputers,

Looks nice!

Is that a stock plastic F4 rear hugger on your bike? Was it a bolt on item? Were the holes tapped on your swingarm? I have an eMoto hugger on my bike now that fits like CRAP and want to switch over to the stock one, either the plastic one or the carbon one.

Thanks, Phil

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, OEM hugger. My swingarm was already drilled. I had the eMoto one and it fit pretty well but I decided I didn't like the look after a while (too big). It sat really close to the tire and the spacing was larger of the left side of the tire vs. the right.

dumbcomputers,

Looks nice!

Is that a stock plastic F4 rear hugger on your bike? Was it a bolt on item? Were the hols tapped on your swingarm? I have an eMoto hugger on my bike now that fits like CRAP and want to switch over to the stock one, either the plastic one or the carbon one.

Thansk, Phil

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have heard that you have to remove the tire to fit that. Is that true or is there enough room to sneak the hardware in? I wish that MV would have listed that for fitment on their website, as I would have just bought that instead of the eMoto one.

Thanks, Phil

Yep, OEM hugger. My swingarm was already drilled. I had the eMoto one and it fit pretty well but I decided I didn't like the look after a while (too big). It sat really close to the tire and the spacing was larger of the left side of the tire vs. the right.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I as able to do it without removing the tire but it was REALLLLY HARD!!!!

Go to any MV dealer and ask them to order this part number 8000A6400. It should only be about $40. Mine didn't come with any fasteners.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks, my Dealer actually has one in stock. They also have a carbon fiber one in stock for about $300.00. I did remind them about the hardware. I like the way it fits MUCH better than the eMoto one.

Thanks, Phil

I as able to do it without removing the tire but it was REALLLLY HARD!!!!

Go to any MV dealer and ask them to order this part number 8000A6400. It should only be about $40. Mine didn't come with any fasteners.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think the solo seat looks great on your bike. I like the unpainted look as much as the red. Are you going to take off the passanger pegs now?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've taken them off before, but every now and then I take the wife for a ride:)

·
Administrator
21,052 Posts
About the hugger...all the later bikes are drilled for mounting huggers (2004 and on??). It is a simple job with the wheel off, and removing the wheel is not very hard. You just have to swing the lower muffler out of the way. Service manual found on this web site gives instruction.

I paid a bit less then $300 for the MV Corse carbon part from my dealer. Looks and fits like it should. It is listed as an available accesory part by MV....you just need a good parts man at your dealer.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts