MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get one of these carbon pillion seat covers?

Only place I can find is emoto :mad: so if anyone can point me somewhere else would be really appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
53 Posts
thats a different shape to one i got from Al at Designcorse who were excellent for service and delivery, not seen that design before, looks interesting.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys, I will have a look at CarbonWorld.

Donsy, I too like to support the site sponsors when I can, and have been putting a fair amount of business Carl's way recently for a track based 910R I am building, and indeed Al, at Design Corse, provided the R&G crash protection of all those nice parts some time ago. Both of whom I must endorse as being excellent.

Unfortunately the 910R will still be be a few months in the making, especially when considering I still need to make a trip to the UK to see Chris at X-Bikes (another stallwart of this forum) before I attempt painting it myself at the local bodyshop!

All the best

Dave

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ive got the one from eMoto, but I bought it used from someone on this forum in the USA, so I didnt have to deal with eMoto. I will say this thing is AWESOME quality tho..

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the best thing to do would be a nice set of Carbon Fibre wheels! What do you think?
Beany I think you've been talking to some tall bloke over here on Jersey!

That's the problem with an Island this size folks, everyone knows your business :naughty:.

Sure wish you could do Le Mans in September, it wont be the same without a fellow Brutale owner there.

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
Beany I think you've been talking to some tall bloke over here on Jersey!

That's the problem with an Island this size folks, everyone knows your business :naughty:.

Sure wish you could do Le Mans in September, it wont be the same without a fellow Brutale owner there.

Dave

So so very tempted, but money is a little tight not sure if i can afford it

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anyone know where I can get one of these carbon pillion seat covers?

Only place I can find is emoto :mad: so if anyone can point me somewhere else would be really appreciated.

Dave
This particular CF piece isn't the one from Carbonworld. The styling / lines differ. I own the Carbonworld one, and I recommend it to all, though it's uniformly smooth throughout, not sculpted like this design credited to Emoto.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
MotoCorse cover

Hi Guys, this particular cover is made by MotoCorse.

A splendid part indeed, which does not cover the rear seat but replaces it. It is made hollow for extra storage space (documents/toolkit).

Yes, we have one available in our Brutale Carbon division :smoking:

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Help & advice

Help me out guys

tell me the reasoning for the seat cover? ive never really figured this one out in all my years?

ive dealt with ade to recover seats both front & pillion on both F4's but never felt the need for a seat cover

what advantages does this "seat cover" hold?

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Do the words 'esthetics' and 'personalisation' mean anything to you? :stickpoke
to a point yes, 'esthetics' = MV that is to me; the earlier models

but more to the point:- "practicality" means quite a lot, hense why I asked the above question, still scratching my head on this, or are you pointing out there is no practicality of a seat cover and its only done for personalisation?

so again what is the practicality?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
@f41

I turned both my modern Mv,s into single seaters.
So i covered the saddle on the starfighter with carbon cover , i like it :stickpoke

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
F41NXS: In my experience, these covers originated from superbikes and the desire of their owners to mimic (copy) the cleaner looks of the single seats found on race bikes.

They don't serve any purpose other than looks, and as they say, looks (beauty) is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
to a point yes, 'esthetics' = MV that is to me; the earlier models

but more to the point:- "practicality" means quite a lot, hense why I asked the above question, still scratching my head on this, or are you pointing out there is no practicality of a seat cover and its only done for personalisation?

so again what is the practicality?
:stickpoke

@f41

I turned both my modern Mv,s into single seaters.
So i covered the saddle on the starfighter with carbon cover , i like it :stickpoke

:yo:

F41NXS: In my experience, these covers originated from superbikes and the desire of their owners to mimic (copy) the cleaner looks of the single seats found on race bikes.

They don't serve any purpose other than looks, and as they say, looks (beauty) is in the eye of the beholder.
:yo:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
my seat cover has a little pocket i can put my wallet and mobile phone inside so it doesn't rattle around inside the "glovebox."

it also looks better than the bright red factory seat and sends the appropriate message to interested women who might wish to take a ride.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts