MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
managed to get my hands on a carbon hugger for the 1090RR.

It only issue is they didn't send and screws.

As near I can figure I need M10 bolts. The pre-drilled holes in the swingarm look like they have not been tapped properly. I can't identify any thread on them.

Could someone give me an indication on what size bolt and thread I should be looking at.

Can't believe they did not come with a hugger as standard

cheers
Rob

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
The hugger on mine is held using wellnuts. Best done with the wheel removed, but I managed to do mine without removal.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
hey Rob ,I just stole 3 of the push in plastic ford plugs that hold the front grill on ,worked great.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
hugger?

RobR;
i have swingarms.....
with no holes
drilled and tapped for M6x1.0
and drilled for 5mm well nuts NOT 6mm

so its kind of a crap shoot:drummer:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,
Picked up some wellnuts form the local bike store. Not 100% on size. I let the vernier do the measuring. I believe M5 bolt.

Just wondering how to get them in without removing the back wheel. Might let the air out of the tire and see if that gives me enough room to get my hand in there.

cheers
cheers

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanks guys,
Picked up some wellnuts form the local bike store. Not 100% on size. I let the vernier do the measuring. I believe M5 bolt.

Just wondering how to get them in without removing the back wheel. Might let the air out of the tire and see if that gives me enough room to get my hand in there.

cheers
cheers
Wrap a ratchet strap around the back tire and crank it down after the air is out.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Rob ,if you have no luck ,bring it to my place ,I have the wheel nut tool and rear stand,to do the job,
cheers eddy
cashmere
just PM ME

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Wrap a ratchet strap around the back tire and crank it down after the air is out.
Rob..some peeps do manage to do the "ship in the bottle" routine when fitting a hugger.
I prefer to take the wheel off...It's good to take the wheel off once in a while ..Gives you a chance to clean and lube the threads..

and oh so much easier to fit your hugger ; )

joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts