MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to fitting the Emoto Front Guard today. My only criticism is I had to remove the front wheel to fit it, as the design of the spoiler section at the rear is different to the OE item. Apart from that its a straightforward fit. Thanks to all those members who Pm'd me about the Emoto parts they have bought. Don't forget, if you are ordering CF or any other items from Emoto, mention that you are a Mvagusta.net member. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see what you mean Kamran but No, it's just the light reflection, there is no protective film on the mesh. :)

No CF faring panels Ben, at least not just yet. :bawling: My next purchase will probably be an Alcantera seat, but that will have to wait for next month's pay cheque. :grin:

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
john said:
Finally got around to fitting the Emoto Front Guard today. My only criticism is I had to remove the front wheel to fit it, as the design of the spoiler section at the rear is different to the OE item. Apart from that its a straightforward fit. Thanks to all those members who Pm'd me about the Emoto parts they have bought. Don't forget, if you are ordering CF or any other items from Emoto, mention that you are a Mvagusta.net member. :)
Wery good!!I love carbon fiber.....
I have at home Mv corse adhesive transparent fot it..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm sure you guys know this but, once I cleaned my ZX-6R Carbon Hugger with some spray ... it ruined the clear finish :mad: i was so upset I never tried to fix it :)

Jonathan

·
Registered
126 Posts
spacechumper said:
I'm sure you guys know this but, once I cleaned my ZX-6R Carbon Hugger with some spray ... it ruined the clear finish :mad: i was so upset I never tried to fix it :)

Jonathan
Epoxy or cleared over CF is not too hard to fix in the event the surface is scratched, marred or stained (as long as its not too deep into the fibers itself). The process simplified is as such: You'll need to use 1000 and or 2000 grit sand paper to wet sand down the area in question. Once you're certain you've removed the stain, stratch, or whatever, you should be left with a white haze / glaze of swirl marks. If you havent already, now its the time to give a smooth once over with the 2000 grit sand and clean water. From there you'll need a cutting polish to clean up and remove the swirl marks left from the sand paper. After you've used the cutting paste / wax, you can then move to a straight polish. And WALA! Fixed! This also works great on UV damaged CF and will help bring it back to life. One thing to note, you cant keep doing this, as you'll ultimately eat away the clear. Its always advised to reclear the CF piece in the event youhad to do remove something very deep or bad.

·
Registered
367 Posts
cryptyk said:
What'd you try to clean it with? Brake fluid?
:) .. just a grime remover that reacted, was trying to remove tar etc... Point is .. its not hard ... (should have tried it on a really small section...

Jonathan

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
john said:
I see what you mean Kamran but No, it's just the light reflection, there is no protective film on the mesh. :)

No CF faring panels Ben, at least not just yet. :bawling: My next purchase will probably be an Alcantera seat, but that will have to wait for next month's pay cheque. :grin:
You would'nt believe just how easy it is to re-cover one your self, £25 will buy you enough Alcantara to cover two seats, a hand held staple gun is about £10, and away you go! I have done two or three now, just start with the small back rest to gain confidence

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would like to try it Mike, but I would probably end up stapling the Alcantera material to my self instead of the seat pan! :eek: I might still try though. Where did you get the material from BTW?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts