MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont understand the point in making a big deal about this what is the point of bringing this to my attention it doesnt really affect anyone. I just told you i would delete it

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
which ever type make my bike lighter and look better.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
I tend to love the imperfect hand made pieces. Nothing is more fun than gawking at the carbon on race going machines with uneven wrinkled weave. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
personally I prefer claved 2 twill nice and dull, doesn't have the super high gloss resin finish that you would tend to get with wet lay or even resin infusion techniques

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
I tend to love the imperfect hand made pieces. Nothing is more fun than gawking at the carbon on race going machines with uneven wrinkled weave. :)
personally I prefer claved 2 twill nice and dull, doesn't have the super high gloss resin finish that you would tend to get with wet lay or even resin infusion techniques
Well you two should be fast friends! :stickpokerchase

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
I like the cheap, shiny stuff on my MV but the matte full carbon weave on my 916. Not really sure why.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Very cool. The hand made stuff is always very cool. It has a bespoke feel to it. The shiny mass produced stuff of Asian origin looks like it should be bolted to a Honda Civic rather than an MV.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
I like the cheap, shiny stuff on my MV but the matte full carbon weave on my 916. Not really sure why.
To each their own. As a joke I bought some of the cheap looking carbon for my R6 because of it's advanced age and "throw away" value. It's quite interesting people's reactions. They don't see the old bike anymore. Just the carbon bits. Still waiting for that extra speed from the weight savings though. :)

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Of course. Some want the best carbon pieces and I admire them for their exigency. Call me the carbon uncouth. It's ok. I have Bestem, Shift Tech, and carbonworld.de pieces on my bike, and truly can't tell the difference between them. Don't really care for their origin. I'm not INS. So far they've all held up well in almost daily NYC riding (read jarring).

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Of course. Some want the best carbon pieces and I admire them for their exigency. Call me the carbon uncouth. It's ok. I have Bestem, Shift Tech, and carbonworld.de pieces on my bike, and truly can't tell the difference between them. Don't really care for their origin. I'm not INS. So far they've all held up well in almost daily NYC riding (read jarring).
If you love them that's all that matters. Style is a personal choice. I have seen your machine in your registry entry. I still love your gold dzus fasteners that match your wheels.

One of the interesting things I have noticed between cultures and their design is their handling of small styling details. Italian and European designed stuff tends to have flowing design details tend to be blended well with the rest of the machine. Minor styling details are there but are understated to blend in with the rest of the design. Japanese and Asian designed stuff (still top notch) tends to focus on smaller details and lacks a bit of the refinement and blending that the Italian and other european designs have. Their styling details demand your attention. That's one of the reasons I don't care for the shiny carbon on the F4. I find the super shiny stuff visually distracting from the rest of the bike. It's certainly prettier (who does not like shiny stuff?) but it interrupts the eye and attracts too much attention to the individual part. To me the F4 is sculpture in motion and it's entire form is where it's beauty comes from.

You should share some photos of your 916. Another gorgeous bike.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts