MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I got my airbox from them and it was top notch. I have seen a MV Corse carbon tank and it is very nice.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
It will all ways leak mate you will need to treat these cf tanks over and over and over you will be thinking about it all the time not worth the hassle

Do as I did for peice of mind mate get a pen metal tank carbon fibre laminated looks like a full carbon tank no matter how much u look at it and u will never ever have to worry about leaks or sealing it again and again and if the worse thing happens u have a off the cf tank will shatter like a peice of glass cracking in all sorts of places if I have a off ( touch wood ) all ill need to is repair tank and cf layer on the damage area

If your interested in this process let me know ill get a price from my guy who did it

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
It will all ways leak mate you will need to treat these cf tanks over and over and over you will be thinking about it all the time not worth the hassle

Do as I did for peice of mind mate get a pen metal tank carbon fibre laminated looks like a full carbon tank no matter how much u look at it and u will never ever have to worry about leaks or sealing it again and again and if the worse thing happens u have a off the cf tank will shatter like a peice of glass cracking in all sorts of places if I have a off ( touch wood ) all ill need to is repair tank and cf layer on the damage area

If your interested in this process let me know ill get a price from my guy who did it

Spec Tac U Lar......

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
I'll let you know if mine starts pissing fuel. But to this point it has not.
It is an MV Corse tank with the KBS coating from Andrew's link.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

Not to sure you have all the fact's quite right there mate.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The carbon weave on tank doesn't match weave on the air box .if it did would look good

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Not to sure you have all the fact's quite right there mate.
Just my opinion mate I actually got a cf tank and heard all these things about leaks ect so I sent it to a mate who works in and around WSB team and he had a bladder put in side for me pressure tested it and it cracked the outer shell of tank so not wanting to throw more money away I went the route I did for peice of mind

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Woodster I'm deeply disappointed by You and Your fake carbon bike.
Home of the F4 Fibra di Carbonio, what a joke.
By the way who manufactured the CF tank You blasted ?
How many Oro or CC tanks leaked of the 400 produced ?
Plus how many of the MV Agusta Corse carbon tanks leaked ?
I would have at least expected that Your fake carbon bike would be equipped with an aluminum tank.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The carbon weave on tank doesn't match weave on the air box .if it did would look good
Agree, the mis-match of carbon weaves looks bad and this excuse about wanting to break up the mass of carbon sounds like BS.

Also your info regarding carbon fiber tanks is wrong.

And yes, I'm sure you bought a carbon tank at $2000, ruined it and then chucked it away, sure... :blah: :jerkoff:

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well after all the many comments I've decided to either keep the steel tank or buy an aluminum tank. Moto works in Japan has a really nice looking one for $2065 at the current exchange rate

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Woodster I'm deeply disappointed by You and Your fake carbon bike.
Home of the F4 Fibra di Carbonio, what a joke.
By the way who manufactured the CF tank You blasted ?
How many Oro or CC tanks leaked of the 400 produced ?
Plus how many of the MV Agusta Corse carbon tanks leaked ?
I would have at least expected that Your fake carbon bike would be equipped with an aluminum tank.
Ooohhhhh the bitching hahahaha

The tank being laminated with a REAL covering of REAL carbon fibre doesn't make it fake carbon yes it's not a TRUE carbon tank but its still REAL carbon

ALL THE OTHER PARTS fitted were supplied by a forum member from the same place your other members use don't see them getting bitchy comments do we

It's all REAL carbon fibre get over it

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Agree, the mis-match of carbon weaves looks bad and this excuse about wanting to break up the mass of carbon sounds like BS.

Also your info regarding carbon fiber tanks is wrong.

And yes, I'm sure you bought a carbon tank at $2000, ruined it and then chucked it away, sure... :blah: :jerkoff:
It was my choice to have the different weave tosser

And who said I paid $2000 well I didn't I got a second hand cf tank cheap and why keep something that's broken you fucking twat

I only posted on this tread to give another opinion to a member not to have load of shot jealous comments

So get fucked

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
well after all the many comments I've decided to either keep the steel tank or buy an aluminum tank. Moto works in Japan has a really nice looking one for $2065 at the current exchange rate
Dude make your own choice I only tried to give you another option here

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Fwiw

I have never had problems with my carbon tank from Design Corse, even though I did not think it's much lighter than the steel tank, because it's thick and strong with a decent lining, which I had applied by the same painter that paints my bike and who did my burnt steel tank almost three years ago.
As a personel and honest choice, I would go for the Ally (Alluminium) tank every time, I could just never afford them.

·
Administrator
20,427 Posts
Woodster.....I thought his comments were a bit out of line and considered a retort. But don't let it get to you. (I'm politicing for a return to more civility on the forum).

As for carbon tanks (or Fiberglas tanks)... When properly sealed they should not be problematic for leaks. Current sealing technology has come a long way from just 10 years ago. The sealant I used on Dave's tank is a metallic substance once dry. Seriously good stuff, much better than the old plastic or rubber stuff.

Dave's tank is significantly lighter than the steel tank....it is an original F4 Oro tank.

And to correct the record, the CC has a steel tank.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Considering the Aluminium Tank is Lighter and will last longer than any of the carbon tanks whether official Mv Corse or Tamburini Carbon Tanks who make ours, i would advise to go for the Aluminium Tank and get it painted.

We can get the Aluminium Ones made also and they are priced around the same as the carbon Tank we offer.

Also on another note Dons Carbon Race tank is heavier (Sealed inside with many layers) than our Road going Carbon tanks as its 100% Autoclave Carbon Fiber which we now offer, they are a lot thinner and weigh about the same as the Mv Corse Ones.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts