MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys I have been trying to do some research and I can't find much on the carbon fiber accessories and parts for the F4.

I called ProItalia today and they said that MV Agusta Corse is no longer a viable/open company.

I have been checking the emoto.com website and they have MV Agusta Corse Carbon Fiber, Moto Corse Carbon Fiber and ECarbon Carbon Fiber.

Which now brings me to my questions:

1. How is emoto still selling MV Agusta Corse Carbon Fiber?
2. What is/are the differences between the three?
3. Is the CF twill?
4. Who has the best fit and finish?
5. If I try to order from emoto.com, will I receive the MVA Corse CF?
6. Who has the nice, rich dark carbon fiber?
7. What is the transparent gel on the MVA Corse CF?
8. Can CF be painted? If so, do I order the natural finish or the transparent coat?

Sorry for the barrage, but I just can't seem to find enough information to make a good decision.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, so let me know what your experiences are and by all means if you have pictures, please post them up.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The answer to question one is they aren't.

The answer to question 5 is no.

Just about every sponsor here sells CF. Check with them.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
The site sponsors here sell some excellent quality Carbon pieces at some competitive prices too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi mate, I've just purchased a heap of carbon fibre from the guys at designcorse.co.uk a site sponser.
Al was a great guy to deal with, AAA++ service levels & the price was quite reasonable too. Worth checking them out.

Don't have the bits just yet, will let you know when they arrive.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Carbon

Man, take that eMoto site of your computer mate.:stickpoke

MotoDiego, takes a bit longer if he does not have stock, but the product is beautifull. Also the site sponsers, some good bits out there.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
yea search Emoto and see what comes up its amusing. I have got stuff from Design Corse and my wife said it looked amazing im currently away from the house so if she give it the thumbs up then its got to be good! I also have carbon fiber from Carbonworld.de out of germany and his stuff is also very nice.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Hi Texus Bullet.

If Theres anything you Require in Carbon Fiber be sure to drop us an email.

Im sure we can help you with your carbon needs.

Al

·
Registered
674 Posts
Carbon

Guys I have been trying to do some research and I can't find much on the carbon fiber accessories and parts for the F4.

I called ProItalia today and they said that MV Agusta Corse is no longer a viable/open company.

I have been checking the emoto.com website and they have MV Agusta Corse Carbon Fiber, Moto Corse Carbon Fiber and ECarbon Carbon Fiber.

Which now brings me to my questions:

1. How is emoto still selling MV Agusta Corse Carbon Fiber?
2. What is/are the differences between the three?
3. Is the CF twill?
4. Who has the best fit and finish?
5. If I try to order from emoto.com, will I receive the MVA Corse CF?
6. Who has the nice, rich dark carbon fiber?
7. What is the transparent gel on the MVA Corse CF?
8. Can CF be painted? If so, do I order the natural finish or the transparent coat?

Sorry for the barrage, but I just can't seem to find enough information to make a good decision.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, so let me know what your experiences are and by all means if you have pictures, please post them up.

Thanks
1. They are not - MV Corse won't supply them.
2. I don't know about ECarbon, but MV Corse and Moto Corse are rated very highly.
3. MV Corse carbon is a different weave to 3D Twill.
4. Matter of opinion, but probably MV Corse.
5. No. For MV Corse carbon try Vesuvio or EvolutionBike.
6. Definitely a matter of opinion. Most of the current site sponsors offer good quality pre-preg autoclave carbon and all have good reputations so shop around.
7. MVA Corse Carbon comes in a "natural" finish, but I'm not sure exactly what resin they use.
8. Yes. I'm not sure if it makes a difference when painting, but I would think "natural" finish would require less prep.

:f4:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, Your information is invaluable and I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I have heard and seen much information about emoto/itamoto and believe me I have no intention of ordering from them. I will however, start to look at our site sponsors and see if one of them can assist me with my necessary wish list of goodies.

Much thanks to you guys for taking the time to help.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Good plan Texas Bullet! The only other thing I'd say is wherever possible, try not to mix & match carbon from different suppliers, because both the weave and the resin hue varies, so the overall finish will vary accordingly. You'd be better off buying carbon from a supplier that offers all the carbon bits you want. Good luck with your project! :)

By the way, I'm pretty sure that MV Corse was bought out by HD as a separate company a while back? Either way, they are still operating, and have a new product range out for the 2010 models.

:f4:

·
Registered
746 Posts
I just got some carbon parts from DesignCorse and they are very very nice, especially for the price. They are a perfect match to the MV Corse weave peices I have already. Great service from Al!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is interesting, because I've been told you can not mix-n-match different carbon fiber pieces from different manufacturers.

Any good pics you can post up?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
909 Posts
That is interesting, because I've been told you can not mix-n-match different carbon fiber pieces from different manufacturers.

Thanks for the info.

I suspect that DesignCorse are getting their pieces from an Italian company called CM Composits, who I believe supply (or Supplied) MV- I can confirm that the match is pretty much perfect!:)

·
Registered
746 Posts
I suspect that DesignCorse are getting their pieces from an Italian company called CM Composits, who I believe supply (or Supplied) MV- I can confirm that the match is pretty much perfect!:)
I think you are right because they are very very close even when compared side by side. Sorry I don't have any pics.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Here ya go.....

Thanks for the info.
Design Corse & MV Corse Carbon Fibres side by side:

Carbon Light.jpg

Can you tell which is which.....? :popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,670 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Design Corse or MV Corse Carbon Fibre?

It's hard to line up two different components in such a way that the two weaves catch the light the same way, but here's another shot. Anyone care to hazard a guess? :stickpoke

:popcorn:

Carbon Dark.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts