MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
That looks sweet! But I bet it would be a nightmare! I can just imagine a rock being thrown up and cracking the carbon!

Looks pretty cool

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
No way -- carbon is strong stuff when manufactured correctly. They use carbon for brake discs on GP bikes!

I haven't heard of Motoplan ... new company?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Osaka is more between Tokyo and Hiroshima.

2nd largest city, so not really between things.... it IS it's own thing.... :)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Here's a pic.

To put it into a bit of perspective, i think it takes about 5-6 hours to drive from tokyo to nagoya, i think 8 to osaka. bullet train is about 3 hours tho.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
i stand corrected, it's in Nagoya.... which is close enough to osaka. but not close enough for me.... :)

·
Registered
796 Posts
the cost for a full sistem is 2300 euro s or 3200 dollars approx. the quality is quite good

the finish of the carbon parts isn t that shiny if you look at the third picture

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
my guess is after some real proper road use, that carbon won't look so hot. maybe discolor due to heat or get beat up. but for a living room sculpture, it would look nice. wonder how much it weighs?

·
Registered
689 Posts
G.Rand said:
No way -- carbon is strong stuff when manufactured correctly. They use carbon for brake discs on GP bikes!
Carbon brake discs are quite different than the carbon fiber used for things like this. This is carbon fiber cloth in cured resin. I'm not sure if they still make them this way, but when carbon/carbon brakes came out, I read that they were made by a process whereby the carbon particles were electrically deposited onto a matrix of some sort.

Carbon fiber is strong stuff though. If you've got the money, you can go buy a car that has a carbon fiber chassis.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts