MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pcture from the 2005 Catalunya GP, I have not been able to find this model of AXO gloves, is this a special one-off pair they made for Loris?

http://www.axo.it/index.html it doesn't seem like a standard model...

I wonder if the big pad on the back of the hand a aero fairing, a protective padding, or for road rage?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
I think, it´s protective (or probably road rage :D ).

Probably Capirex has often broken his metacarpal and to protect it better, this big pad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
That's where he keeps his smokes. Watch closely, about every ten laps or so you'll see him pull over for some coffee and a smoke break. Honestly, ever since the series went union for it's riders things have REALLY gone downhill.... :later: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steptoe said:
From memory he was carrying an injury. Plenty on unremarkable moments spent with Dr Costa by Loris for sure :cry:
if I am not mistaken, he wears gloves like that all the time.

Yes... all joking aside, I know that its gotta be super protective padding on those gloves. and I hope it will prevent injuries better for him. because I am a musician, my hands are extremely important to me, I found the pictures of his AXO when I was searching for the next pair of gloves... but I guess it's not available commercially. :bawling:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
You are probably right. Old Loris is getting on these day. Maybe a bit of osteoporosis setting in :wtf:

Generally Race gloves have less protection, more feel. Not exactly what I want for road gloves. The Technic gloves use Kangaroo Scrotum on the palms so they should sensitive and tough at the same time :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,448 Posts
Can't beat a bit of the old Roo ball bag!! :laughing: :laughing:
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steptoe said:
You are probably right. Old Loris is getting on these day. Maybe a bit of osteoporosis setting in :wtf:

Generally Race gloves have less protection, more feel. Not exactly what I want for road gloves. The Technic gloves use Kangaroo Scrotum on the palms so they should sensitive and tough at the same time :laughing:
I thought it was their foreskin... :wtf: do they shrink when it gets cold? :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
:wtf: I just got a brand new excuse for my behaviour in public!!!!!!!!

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Try this for wrist protection. I used one for broken wrist (scaphoid), cut my cast time in half and wore this instead. Adjustable range of motion limit, full parts replacement and does not inhibit feel. I now wear it woods riding and on trackdays. Hyperextension of the wrist causes this very common fracture. Snowboarding, rollerblading, highsiding....just about any sport that you try to use your hands (instinctively) to brace a fall.


http://www.isports.com/products/wrist.htm



any search for "cti wrist ots" should turn up many sellers.
they aint cheap....some insurance will cover with a perscription.
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lewdog998 said:
Try this for wrist protection. I used one for broken wrist (scaphoid), cut my cast time in half and wore this instead. Adjustable range of motion limit, full parts replacement and does not inhibit feel. I now wear it woods riding and on trackdays. Hyperextension of the wrist causes this very common fracture. Snowboarding, rollerblading, highsiding....just about any sport that you try to use your hands (instinctively) to brace a fall.


http://www.isports.com/products/wrist.htm



any search for "cti wrist ots" should turn up many sellers.
they aint cheap....some insurance will cover with a perscription.
Thanks... I will look into it.

Do you wear it under the gloves? did you have to buy gloves a size larger to fit it in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
wear it over the glove....

got the largest size available OTS (off the shelf)...they do make them custom as well..pretty expensive though...

In order for it to work over a road race glove, you need to wear a clove with minimal guantlet thickness....on my alpinestars gloves, i made a small cut in the leather pouches that hold little rigid plastic plates....this allowed the CTI wrist to fit over the glove. It should also be noted that the strap that goes around the inside of your hand, palm is neoprene. It is thin and does not affect my feel. But this liner would probably only survive the abrasion of one road crash...liners are replaceable and cheap. I will take a couple pics saturday and post them...(many pro motocross riders have used them and raced with broken wrists)
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now if someone could just intergrate a pair of gloves into something like that... :naughty: we have been wearing boots that have some kind of structural support for a while now, it's about time someone do somthing about the hands!

too bad people wear them after the fact, of course it will not totally prevent injuries, but it's better than nothing, IMO.

Thanks, pix would be great!



lewdog998 said:
wear it over the glove....

got the largest size available OTS (off the shelf)...they do make them custom as well..pretty expensive though...

In order for it to work over a road race glove, you need to wear a clove with minimal guantlet thickness....on my alpinestars gloves, i made a small cut in the leather pouches that hold little rigid plastic plates....this allowed the CTI wrist to fit over the glove. It should also be noted that the strap that goes around the inside of your hand, palm is neoprene. It is thin and does not affect my feel. But this liner would probably only survive the abrasion of one road crash...liners are replaceable and cheap. I will take a couple pics saturday and post them...(many pro motocross riders have used them and raced with broken wrists)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Alpinestars glove with hard platic inserts removed (marked with tape) allows guantlet to form around wrist.




wearing with glove






Its a little dirty from the woods, but you get the idea. Ideally, the glove guantlet would need to reduce considerable for max comfort...maybe a modified pair for the track and a regualr pair for the street if you dont wear it all the time.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top