MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
This is a great site. Have no right to post yet, but here goes.
Hopefully picking up my F4 1000 in two weeks from 3X Motorcycles UK. I am so excited have'nt felt like this since i was a kid. I so admire you guys and your stories lets just hope i'll have some to tell soon. Used to have a blackbird it was far to heavy to throw around you could only ring it's neck in a straight line, i'm so looking foreward to a bike that handles so well.
Any UK riders on here ?.
Best Regards to all Alex.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
There's a few of us Brits here Alexaye. But for me personally Portland is a long way. Even so, welcome to mvagusta.net. Every member has the right to post here so don't worry about that, we are always interested in hearing news and views from a fresh perspective.

I think you will have a big suprise after the Blackbird. Have you test ridden a MV? Which thou are you getting? The new R, or one of the limited editions or the S. I've had my S about 6 weeks now and it's the best bike I've owned bar none. :smoking: Watch out for Alvin and his stick when you get your bike!! Nice to have you aboard. :)

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Welcome and good choice on the bike :drummer:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

It's nice to be onboard. I'm getting the S 1+1 pre reg 05 but with only 39 miles on the clock. And no have'nt test ridden one yet, but after reading all that's on this bike i thought i could'nt go wrong?. Before the Blackbird 35 years ago i owned a Norton Dominator now that was a sod to get round bends on. I think you call people like me born again, But it never really went just exchanged my bike for kids aye. Well now i'm back.
Alex.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Welcome Alex and congrats on the new MV :smoking:

Let us know you impressions about it and post pics as soon as you get her :drummer:

Now just enjoy your sleepless nights while you wait for her :king: :guitarist

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome Alexaye.
If you look in the Registry there's a map - zoom in and each little black square is a member. I reckon 14 English and a couple in Scotland and IOM. Oh, and for some strange reason a guy from Blackburn appears in the North Sea !!
Enjoy the forum and more importantly the MV !

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Rick GM said:
Welcome Alexaye.
If you look in the Registry there's a map - zoom in and each little black square is a member. I reckon 14 English and a couple in Scotland and IOM. Oh, and for some strange reason a guy from Blackburn appears in the North Sea !!
Enjoy the forum and more importantly the MV !

Nice one Rick, never noticed that before. :) May be he has a private yacht out there on dogger bank! :laughing:

For the geographically inclined, I've moved several miles south into Lincolnshire and Sandy Barrie has too, he seems to be in the Stoke on Trent area. I don't know what criterion Alvin used to pinpoint our locations but the Sat Nav seems a bit off. :bawling: Correct me if I'm wrong but he seems to have got your position about right.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
With the hopes that you at least have a city (and not a generic area or country), I have to search the internet for some latitude/longitude coordinates. From there, I will plug them into the map to pinpoint the location. Some are off because some people have not listed their exact city. Others are off just for the sake of "spreading them about" so they do not end up overlapping. Some appear in the sea since all i can get from the internet are general locations or where the city "is near" but not exact coordinates. It's quite a task, but someones got to do it!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WoW

Hi, everyone is so nice on here. The registry is a good idea. I wonder how many F4's have been sold in the UK, it would be nice to know. To be honest i have'nt seen one around these parts.
Alex

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
admin said:
With the hopes that you at least have a city (and not a generic area or country), I have to search the internet for some latitude/longitude coordinates. From there, I will plug them into the map to pinpoint the location. Some are off because some people have not listed their exact city. Others are off just for the sake of "spreading them about" so they do not end up overlapping. Some appear in the sea since all i can get from the internet are general locations or where the city "is near" but not exact coordinates. It's quite a task, but someones got to do it!

It wasn't a critisicm as such Alvin. I think you did well to get my dot on the map as close as you did. :) Our local town, Howden, isn't exactly Las Vegas. I think the guy Rick referred to in the North sea however would be better off with a Jet Ski than a MV. :laughing:

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
john said:
It wasn't a critisicm as such Alvin. I think you did well to get my dot on the map as close as you did. :) Our local town, Howden, isn't exactly Las Vegas. I think the guy Rick referred to in the North sea however would be better off with a Jet Ski than a MV. :laughing:
Not at all! Was describing the process :laughing:

I will rescue the MV owner from drowning now

·
Registered
604 Posts
Alex, welcome. You will like it here, there are alot of educated people here. Enjoy that beauty when you get it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts