MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeap ... all sorted out with insurance, finally. So they are getting the baby ready now. So hope there is some sunshine in Houston this weekend.

Thanks for everyone's advice. Will post some pics when available and also will register properly.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I worked out the insurance the best I could. It was Friday pm, no much time left, I know it is harder for me than anyone else for my lack of driving and credit records being in the US for not long ... so got insurance (full coverage) for $1.8k a year. Went pick it up and there she was, all clean and ready. Sorry, abt item 3 above, comments after riding it ... I don't think I can describe that sensation yet. Ohhhh boy.

Pictures? ;et me figure out how to post them. jeje

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The US is all about credit and driving records. Once you live here you learn abt it. Geico gave me a quote of $1,444 per year and they found out I was involved in a car accident last year in which I had nothing to do with (so "not at fault accident"). They called me to change the quote from $1,444 to $3,500 per year. You imagine what I said. And I needed full coverage because I am financing it, again to build credit history. I could have bot it cash and only get liability for a total of $70 per year and run the risk of having an accident, etc ... but I didn't.

And you don't want to know how much I pay for car/home insurance for nor having credit history. I will have it, some day. Slow process though

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hehe, gotcha

Only good side of living in Hou is that I am an oil trader, and with this volatility in the mkt I could afford the mv + insurance payments, at least for now.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
You can do a number of things-

You can use the ALBUM feature of mvagusta.net by clicking on the MV CP link at the top right of this website. Follow the instructions to create your own MVAgusta.net album and upload photos there.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Congrats on the new F4 BUT Insurance ...AAARRRGH!!!!

Down here we have Shannons and mine is about $400 au a year with extreme limited mileage which lets me do about 4000k's. So only use it once a week but go on heaps of weekend rides etc.

$1800 US that's ridiculous- you must be 15 and only just got your licence???

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To their system I am like a 15 year old with new license, because I am new to this country. So be it. I will enjoy it while I can afford it. In one or two years I should be considered better.

Thanks !!

·
Registered
358 Posts
hes said:
I worked out the insurance the best I could. It was Friday pm, no much time left, I know it is harder for me than anyone else for my lack of driving and credit records being in the US for not long ... so got insurance (full coverage) for $1.8k a year. Went pick it up and there she was, all clean and ready. Sorry, abt item 3 above, comments after riding it ... I don't think I can describe that sensation yet. Ohhhh boy.

Pictures? ;et me figure out how to post them. jeje
Hernon,
I'm getting my insurance through the Texas Wasatch Group, a brokerage. Full coverage for about $990 per year on the F4 (that's with 2 other bikes on the same policy). Talk to Cosme Salazar at 682-334-9025 and see what he can do for you. I'm in the process of switching my homeowners and auto insurance through him. He's going to save me a couple hundred per year on those also.

Let's hope the weather is good tomorrow.

Ciao,
John Abatte

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
To their system I am like a 15 year old with new license, because I am new to this country.
When I moved to Canada I got my UK insurance company to inform my prospective Canadian insurers that I had a good no-claim history and they took my UK licence and history into account and I got a decent rate. (All-perils (comprehensive to UK folk) C$400 for a GSXR600, then C$1100 for a Ducati 748.)

Si

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Enjoy your bike!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey guys.. I will be paying $469.57 to insure my MV (per 6 months). I use State Farm and also have my car insured with them as my primary vehicle. If you guys are interested to talk to my rep let me know and I'll email or post his info. and That for FULL coverage, $1000 ded.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Since I am financing my bike, they do not alow me to get 1000 deductible but 500, which made the coverage approx $350 more per year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts