MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just got my 04' F41000S back from service shop and the trip meter is flashing constantly and i can't stop it, reset it, or go back to the clock or odometer. I have tried holding the ignition button and also pressing it on and off and also the set button on the instrument panel but it just keeps on flashing? What the hell is going on here? Cheers

·
Super Moderator
21,450 Posts
That, or try resetting the system by removing the battery NEGATIVE cable, waiting a few minutes, then reattaching the cable.

(I'd also check to ensure correct polarity on the battery cables.)

What work was done at the shop?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a minor service eg. Oil/Filter etc. I have checked the plugs at the back of the panel and also at the ignition and tried your suggestion of unplug the battery terminal for a few mins. This did have the effect of changing from the trip meter to the odomoter when i re-connected and started up the engine however now i am back at the same issue only this time i can not change from the odomoter to clock or trip meter.

·
Super Moderator
21,450 Posts
You do have the engine running when you try to switch, right?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
+1 above. If you're comfortable getting the nose off, you can get the gauges off pretty easily. From there it's only three or four screws. I would definitely have a look in there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, cheers for the info. Will pull the nose off tomorrow and have a look...And yes i do have the engine running

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, Ended up taking it back to my mechanic. Checked all the obvious bits including the switch assembly itself. We couldn't work it out how it worked at first as there is only two wires coming out of it. However on further inspection there was a switch further down the line which had corroded. A simple clean and it was back to normal. Cheers for all your help everyone. Just glad to have the clock back so i don't get to work too early!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts