MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A few days ago I purchased an amazing 2010 Brutale 1090RR, so excited! As I was reviewing everything I saw that the coolant level is very low. I located the expansion tank at the front of the bike, but I can't figure out how to open it. I tried different types of pliers with no luck. Do you know of any tool I could use? any ideas? I saw that MV has a socket for it, but it is expensive, and I would have to wait for a few weeks. To improve access, I could remove the tank, but that would be a lot or work, I think I prefer buying the MV tool instead. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Don't worry about it. If you add any coolant above the minimum line, it will come out the overflow tube.
The level rises a lot when the bike gets up to temperature.
Have a read through some of the 2011+ model threads, these bikes run on the warm side - 1 bar above the lower mark when stuck in traffic.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
The first time I took the cap off, it was a 2 man job, one to hold the tank up, one to use multigrips on the cap. I put it back on, not as tight as ex factory.
I made myself a strap wrench, using some webbing and a 10mm wide length of aluminium strip.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I actually don't see any fluid. Is it easy to lift the tank? I'm ok removing a few screws, but I dont want to mess with the fuel lines

·
Vendor
5,336 Posts
You could also go to a dealer and ask them to loosen it for you,then don't tighten it as it is now.:wink2:

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Or find a friendly F4 rider as he will have a proper man grip for ya ; )

I think I used a oil filter pliars to loosen mine off.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts