MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install a SportVue heads up display and don't know where to find the rpm output wire. Any and all help is very much appreciated.

I'm searching the manual, but haven't found it yet. I'll keep looking but it's always easier when a question is answered directly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first thing I did was remove the evap cannister. Getting that out of the way makes EVERYTHING much more visible (also, I thought it might have been flooded and contributing to the stalling issue by restricting fuel flow from the tank - I haven't stalled since removing it, but I still get a whine from the cap when the tank gets warm at all, so I probably didn't fix anything).

If you look on the left side of the crank case at about foot control height you'll see the output from the sensor. I followed that line to the boot where it plugs into the harness just behind the throttle bodies. I slid the boot back and inserted a Posi-Tap connector on the Brown wire - I determined color by checking out the wiring schematic - then made a small slice in the boot and fed the tap out through there.

I'm sorry I didn't take pictures...I was trying to get the PCIII and SportVue all installed in time to button up the bike and meet some friends for dinner. I'll try to remember to take pics the next time I've got the tank off. I'm looking for an elegant way to replace the fuel hose so I can finally install my Omega connectors.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I don't know if it's "elegant" enough for you but I used a 3/8" to 5/16" barbed hose coupler from McMaster.com and used a small length of 3/8" ID hose and 5/16" ID hose. I used crimp-on type hose clamps to hold the whole thing together to make it look as factory as possible.

giomanach said:
The first thing I did was remove the evap cannister. Getting that out of the way makes EVERYTHING much more visible (also, I thought it might have been flooded and contributing to the stalling issue by restricting fuel flow from the tank - I haven't stalled since removing it, but I still get a whine from the cap when the tank gets warm at all, so I probably didn't fix anything).

If you look on the left side of the crank case at about foot control height you'll see the output from the sensor. I followed that line to the boot where it plugs into the harness just behind the throttle bodies. I slid the boot back and inserted a Posi-Tap connector on the Brown wire - I determined color by checking out the wiring schematic - then made a small slice in the boot and fed the tap out through there.

I'm sorry I didn't take pictures...I was trying to get the PCIII and SportVue all installed in time to button up the bike and meet some friends for dinner. I'll try to remember to take pics the next time I've got the tank off. I'm looking for an elegant way to replace the fuel hose so I can finally install my Omega connectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts