MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.. I've spent countless time trying to figure this out:

I crossed the wires on my 06 brutale 910S - resulting in my fuel pump not priming. Innitial diagnosis was a blown diode, which I beleive is only in the F4 models to prevent this type of damage. After consulting MV mechanics they tell me there is no diode in 910S models. First step was replacing my CDI fuel box- (after innitially checking the fuses). This did not work. We tested and there is power running to the pump, so we tried replacing the pump. The pump didn't prime when connected, although we didn't completely install it in the tank, just connected it.

If anybody can think of anythign I might have missed, Im thinking of maybe sending out my ECU to get tested..?? I would love some help. Closest Mv shop is 5 hours away or so, unless somebody knows someone in the cincinnati area. I'd love to ride my bike sometime this season haha.. Thanks for any help guys.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

I crossed the wires on my 06 brutale 910S - resulting in my fuel pump not priming. Innitial diagnosis was a blown diode, which I beleive is only in the F4 models to prevent this type of damage. After consulting MV mechanics they tell me there is no diode in 910S models. First step was replacing my CDI fuel box- (after innitially checking the fuses). This did not work. We tested and there is power running to the pump, so we tried replacing the pump. The pump didn't prime when connected, although we didn't completely install it in the tank, just connected it.

If anybody can think of anythign I might have missed, Im thinking of maybe sending out my ECU to get tested..?? I would love some help. Closest Mv shop is 5 hours away or so, unless somebody knows someone in the cincinnati area. I'd love to ride my bike sometime this season haha.. Thanks for any help guys.
When you say "crossed the wires" do you mean battery leads or wires to the fuel pump?

Have you checked the 40AMP fuse? This is the one to the rear of the battery. There should be a spare there as well.

CDI is = a SPU - Service Power Unit.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Not sure this will help but if you turn the key to the on position you will here the fuel pump for a few seconds as it primes the fuel. If this happens then that system should be working. Check to make sure you didn't fry the tps they are pretty sensitive. These are stabs in the dark. Would need a little more info. Is the bike cranking but not turning over? Not cranking? Do the light work? Also check the 40 amp fuse near the battery ( edit gremlin posted faster then me)

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
..and when you say you replaced the CDI Fuel Box - Did you actually replace the Service Power Unit (the entire SPU black-box)...this should have cost you around 300Eu ? There can often be some confusion over this unit and as Endgrain suggested - are there any other symptoms you can tell us?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts

Maybe the pump is bad. Send an email to the goober who sold it to you and ask him for another one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replys!!

I Crossed the wires on the battery.

I bought the complete black box, that contains the fuses, and yes it was expensive.

The only thing "wrong" is that the fuel pump won't prime!! It tries to crank and every single other light works.. Horn works as well.

Cag, thanks PM sent!

Any other imput is certainly appreciated

Dan-

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys.. ANY help would be super appreciated.

My fuel pump IS good.. My Fuse box was replaced, all my fuses are good. Power IS running to the plug for the fuel pump.. There are 4 wires going to the plug, 2 purple which have power, a green and a blue which don't. I get power to the pump when i run 1 power to the purple, and one ground to another purple.. and a ground to the blue.. which is weird..?

I am about to send my bike to a dealer if i can't figure this out, it is super frustrating!! -- Heres one idea thanks to Carl-

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...t=30466&page=2

Apparently on another 06 910S there is a diode, there is NO diode on mine.. is there a chance mine just blew off and I can't find it? If so how do I install it?

Any other ideas are sincerly apprecaited!!

Dan- 812 325 0701

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just a thought and a complete stab in the dark here, but when you tested the pump you said it wasn't installed. Is there a ground that occurs on the pump when it is installed that maybe you didn't have since it wasn't completely installed.

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
Put the pump in the tank then prime the fuel pump the first time your self.
It should stay primed after that
Just how would one go about "priming the pump yourself"?

These pumps are submersible, explosion proof, and self-priming.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Last time I saw this happen to someone - exactly as you described - it turned out to be the ecu. We got an ecu off of a 748, installed the brutale chip and all problems were cured. Bike ran better too! just my 2c.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the replys guys, and thank a lot to the people who have called.. The issue seems to be narrowed down to my fuel pump not getting a Grounded, which is either caused by a blown diode, which I dont know where it is, or the ECU. Soo, if anybody has a 2006 Brutale 910S and knows where there diode is located, please drop by a picture!!

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Thanks for all the replys guys, and thank a lot to the people who have called.. The issue seems to be narrowed down to my fuel pump not getting a Grounded, which is either caused by a blown diode, which I dont know where it is, or the ECU. Soo, if anybody has a 2006 Brutale 910S and knows where there diode is located, please drop by a picture!!
I think Gremmin (07 901r) may be able to help you out...send him a PM.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I think Gremmin (07 901r) may be able to help you out...send him a PM.
Hmm, dont know where the diode is sorry.

I replaced my SPU and also had to replace the starter motor 40AMP fuse - this sits in a little box to the rear of the battery under the seat. If you are lucky there is a spare fuse in there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One last bump for some help.. If anybody knows why my fuel pump isn't getting a ground signal, Or knows where a Diode is and can help me locate on a 2006 910S it would be very appreciated. Also if anybody has a spare ECU, or can test my ECU to see if it is functioning properly (thus causing my problem..?) That would also be of great help!
Thanks a lot guys
Dan
812 325 0701

1 - 16 of 16 Posts