MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

This year we are sponsoring an MV Agusta F4 1000R UK rider (John) who is participating in the Cannonball Bike Run. Riding through 7 European countries over 6 days, there are a few European teams competing for the trophy (total of 75 bikes), this is very similar to the Gumball (for cars) , last year was a great success. Next year there will be a USA run in May 2007! there is info on the Cannonball site (link here).

There are some live feeds for anyone interested in following this event: click here

More info and photos of Johns bike: click here

All very exciting! We will post up any media as soon as we get our hands on updates and clips.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Very exciting indeed! Wish the best on a safe journey for the MV rider along with all of the other riders. The cannonball run is amazing with the strong minded

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
eMoto UK said:
Next year there will be a USA run in May 2007!
Are you looking to sponsor someone for the US run? We used to go meet the gumball whenever they blew through. Three absolute nutters in ski masks rode 996's in the '02(?) Gumball.

If this you writing Dan? You know I'll do it!!

Looks like John will have a great time.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JamesC said:
Are you looking to sponsor someone for the US run? We used to go meet the gumball whenever they blew through. Three absolute nutters in ski masks rode 996's in the '02(?) Gumball.

If this you writing Dan? You know I'll do it!!

Looks like John will have a great time.
Hi James,

Its not Dan, but yes we will want to sponsor a rider or some riders next year!

Maybe an MVAGUSTA.NET team with a few MVs? we will be happy to offer sponsorship and maybe one of us can enter with you guys (big maybe) - would be nice/though someone would have to lend us an MV :rolleyes:

I don't think John is a member of the forum yet, I will email him the mv.net link and get him signed up so he can post his riding impressions and experiences once he returns!

As far as we know there are no other UK MVs entering but there may be some other European MVs entering, awaiting confirmation.

Thanks, J

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Would be great to see him come online, and maybe post day to day if theres access to internet. The gumball here in the US (when it was here) was pretty incredible, they started in SF before :drummer:

I have watched the gumball 3000 movies (tekademics, official, etc) and remember the guys on duc's.

'07 in the USA, can't wait to see that next year. Would be great to have an MV.net representation of some sort ;)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
That looks like a lot of fun...though on the MV potentially very painful... I'd love to do something like that. Maybe in a few years I might be able to afford to get over there participate in one.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rockethouse said:
That looks like a lot of fun...though on the MV potentially very painful... I'd love to do something like that. Maybe in a few years I might be able to afford to get over there participate in one.
Agree, will be interesting to see how he gets along with the R, they will be averaging about 9 hours a day!

John is fortunate to have a support vehicle with him which is handy as he won't have to carry bags etc!

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
This whole thread is awesome. i didn't know they still did this kind of racing, all i remember are the older movies with Burt Reynolds. That TVR is sick!! If this is really going to happen next year I would love to participate! I have always wanted to ride cross country!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Greeneggs&ham said:
This whole thread is awesome. i didn't know they still did this kind of racing, all i remember are the older movies with Burt Reynolds. That TVR is sick!! If this is really going to happen next year I would love to participate! I have always wanted to ride cross country!

Does that mean you're in?? I'm trying to rustle local friends. Bargain price IMO but schedule is a little tough for me..still trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
645 Posts
It would be cool if we can get a whole MV mob contingent from the forum to run. The entry fee is not as bad as I thought it would be, plus shipping to LA and fuel.......

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
So if i understand correctly, there is an entry fee of around 4K, which if sponsers are found could possibly be less out of my pocket. If that is right i would like to know when i would have to decide to participate, when money has to be in, where it starts from and where it ends, what kind of mods to the bike(besides a different seat!!) and the dates of the riding. James i am very interested depending on dates. i apologize if all this info is in that link but things are crazy at work today so i haven't had time to check. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the photos Amer, the TVRs are very quick cars, though they are not that reliable and are not suited for the road (imo), sound fantastic.

Alex Roy - team 144 http://www.team144.com/ this guy has been doing it for the last 4 years and is very competitive, great to watch him in action.

Some good pics and videos on his site.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
:bash: Ok so i checked and i apologize for being that lazy. I got all the info i needed. Thanks for that first post having the link.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
OK,with everything being taken into account i have a serious question for emoto or anyone that has had experiance with sponsoring people for such an event. I am very serious about doing this next year, just need to have a couple converstaions with a few people to iron some things out. my question is this, what would a sponser do for someone that wanted to enter the race? Would it be worth getting more than one sponser? what can i do to pay a little less out of pocket considering my bike would need to be shipped out there? If i am going to do this i am not going to waste any time getting everything in order so any help would be appreciated a lot. Thanks.

And yes Fred, i am crazy and out of control! hahaha :yo:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts