MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like im going to the other side guys..im in love with the new 1199 Panigale.
What do you guys think of this machine...:mouthwate

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
A friend of mine (who's also a member on here and owner of a 1000S) has one on order for delivery in March next year.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i've just seen one at the nec show and wasnt very impressed.imo the build quality is not as good as older dukes its more like a jap bike than an italian.fairing is very thin im sure they say thats to save weight and the air ducts look like saggy eyes.imo the press pictures do it alot of favours.wouldnt mind ago on one having said that.lol

·
Registered
746 Posts
Eveyone is saying that the bike "feels" small like an aprilia 125 so it shouldn´t be for tall persons!
It looks very nice -I wasn´t fan on the 1098/1198 models image - and it should be fast but I´m already hooked to my 999. I will test one in order to have a more reasonable opinion.
I never want to be first in line to get new models...:smoking:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
looks like im going to the other side guys..im in love with the new 1199 Panigale.
What do you guys think of this machine...:mouthwate
My mate (Steve Wood) has just bought an RR, even he has said ( and believe me here if you cut him in half it would say 'MV' like a stick of rock) that for nigh on the same money as the RR the 1199S looks to have an awful lot of extra's compared to the MV....proper TC, ABS (an extra) and electronic adj suspension, LED headlights, must admit I saw and sat on one in Milan and found myself on the Ducati stand more than once at the NEC......................worrying when I have just bought the RSV4 factory:jsm:

I'll just add, you would have to be MV through and through to take an RR over the Panigale

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
My only concern would be buying the first run of a completely new design. I always like to buy the second series of a model, after the teething issues have been addressed.

·
Registered
449 Posts
My mate (Steve Wood) has just bought an RR, even he has said ( and believe me here if you cut him in half it would say 'MV' like a stick of rock) that for nigh on the same money as the RR the 1199S looks to have an awful lot of extra's compared to the MV....proper TC, ABS (an extra) and electronic adj suspension, LED headlights, must admit I saw and sat on one in Milan and found myself on the Ducati stand more than once at the NEC......................worrying when I have just bought the RSV4 factory:jsm:

I'll just add, you would have to be MV through and through to take an RR over the Panigale
.....I would take an RR over the Panigale EVERYTIME.....2 cylinders are designed for Air Compressors.....If you want to spray paint buy the Duke, if you want to ride a sportsbike.....well you know the answer.:naughty::naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
.....I would take an RR over the Panigale EVERYTIME.....2 cylinders are designed for Air Compressors.....If you want to spray paint buy the Duke, if you want to ride a sportsbike.....well you know the answer.:naughty::naughty::naughty:
Can you remember what bike won WSB this year? kinda escapes me at the moment, I think the same model has also just won the Macau GP race as well, now, what was that bike? I'll get back to you if I remember:naughty:

Like I said, you would need to be a die hard MV fan to take the RR over the Panigale

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I love it might have to invest an sit one next to the MV but I'll leave it for 12 mths let them sort all the bugs out I think then I'll be getting a tricoler

·
Registered
122 Posts
just seen the prices on the Panigale in Oz. Starting at $28k, the S at $36 and the Tricolore at $42. thats a fair bit extra than the MV models.
Going to the show tomorow in Sydney to have a peep

·
Registered
658 Posts
Why not! so we can race it against the RR.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll thinking buy one summer time. It looks fantastic machine but I think RR is more high quality piece according to Panigale.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Can you remember what bike won WSB this year? kinda escapes me at the moment, I think the same model has also just won the Macau GP race as well, now, what was that bike? I'll get back to you if I remember:naughty:

Like I said, you would need to be a die hard MV fan to take the RR over the Panigale

MOST of us will be riding on the streets with the occasional track day. I don't believe that any of us here :stickpoke ride like Rossi, Haslam or any of the other top GP riders, so really the extra power, etc.. will not make a difference. And "legally" :naughty: we have to keep within the city speed limits....
If you have a look at: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43111

I would take an MV F4 RR ANY TIME !!!! :mouthwate (even with all the parts issues, support, etc... that we have to put up with :shitfan:)

(and after seeing the 1199, I would agree that the workmanship is very much like a jap bike too....and the pricing for the 1199 in Australia is :jsm::wtf: !!!)

By the way I have loved Ducati's for a lot longer than the MVagusta, but everywhere you look you see a Ducati....:violin::blah:

1 - 20 of 263 Posts