141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,486 Posts
Love you guys, and THIS SUCKS.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
I don't think you can just blame it on the southern states. I was on vacation in Hilton Head a couple weeks ago. The number of out of state plates far exceeded the number of SC plates. Most were from northern states. Yes Covid sucks, but so does the flu for some people, so does cancer. I am going to enjoy my life and not live in fear. Hope that is not to political.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I don't think you can just blame it on the southern states. I was on vacation in Hilton Head a couple weeks ago. The number of out of state plates far exceeded the number of SC plates. Most were from northern states. Yes Covid sucks, but so does the flu for some people, so does cancer. I am going to enjoy my life and not live in fear. Hope that is not to political.
I LOVE Hilton Head 😎

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Had to hear the news from Ian today after work, since I'm not an avid forum visitor anymore... lol. I immediately called Chuck and Cindy and gave them a piece of my mind as well ;)

Anywho. Even from my perspective being a mountain resident, I understand the decision, and it is tough decision. With that said though, and for those of you who do not know, Max and I are now GA/TN residents, the GA part being in Hiawassee GA, right off of lake Chatuge. It's not a big place, but it's a place, and we have garage space for bikes... well, we will have space when I get done putting all of this stuff away that I moved, lol, and we some places to sleep. In addition, my parents live about 15mins from us in Blairsville GA, and have a full suite AirBnB on the first floor of their home that has been doing very well, which is open to any and of you, ass long as it's not already booked. Just let me know, and I'll block off some dates with them for you, and you make a donation of your liking for the stay. Our place is free. Unless you are coming through KY or TN, then you might have to bring some moonshine 😁. Neither one of us will check your temperature rectally, or otherwise, on your arrival as well. Either place puts you smack dab in the middle of the best riding/driving the tri-state area has to offer... and I happen to know some new places to eat that are open.

Hope to see some of you in the fall!! I may not be on two wheels, we may be in 4, but we'll be out and about. I wish you all the best, and safe travels, or stay-at-homes, whichever you choose 🙂

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thanks Curtis, I still have my reservation so if I do make it down there, that is where I'll be. I have to deal with the return to work requirements my employer has set up, which is in a constant state of flux.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Certainly the responsible thing to do but I'll still keep my reservation for now, with 2 months to go, you never know!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Had to hear the news from Ian today after work, since I'm not an avid forum visitor anymore... lol. I immediately called Chuck and Cindy and gave them a piece of my mind as well ;)

Anywho. Even from my perspective being a mountain resident, I understand the decision, and it is tough decision. With that said though, and for those of you who do not know, Max and I are now GA/TN residents, the GA part being in Hiawassee GA, right off of lake Chatuge. It's not a big place, but it's a place, and we have garage space for bikes... well, we will have space when I get done putting all of this stuff away that I moved, lol, and we some places to sleep. In addition, my parents live about 15mins from us in Blairsville GA, and have a full suite AirBnB on the first floor of their home that has been doing very well, which is open to any and of you, ass long as it's not already booked. Just let me know, and I'll block off some dates with them for you, and you make a donation of your liking for the stay. Our place is free. Unless you are coming through KY or TN, then you might have to bring some moonshine 😁. Neither one of us will check your temperature rectally, or otherwise, on your arrival as well. Either place puts you smack dab in the middle of the best riding/driving the tri-state area has to offer... and I happen to know some new places to eat that are open.

Hope to see some of you in the fall!! I may not be on two wheels, we may be in 4, but we'll be out and about. I wish you all the best, and safe travels, or stay-at-homes, whichever you choose 🙂
In the name of safety, The Sprokits will insist you check their temperatures rectally, and spend as much time probing the nether area until you can ensure the safety of all! Still have my reservation, btw!

Reactions: silentservice703

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Glad to hear that some of you are still coming up/down/left/right to the area. I look forward to seeing you all at one point or another, even if I don't see you in September 🙂

PS. When is the next zoom call?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I didn't know we had zoom calls.
I am still on track to head there in Sept.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I didn't know we had zoom calls.
I am still on track to head there in Sept.
Art is the organizer I believe. I hope you can make it down Rob. Would be good to see you.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts