MV Agusta Forum banner

121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,450 Posts
Well, here is the dreaded post. I AM CANCELLING THIS EVENT.

With all of the uncertainty surrounding travel, both in the US and from abroad, and with an abundance of caution and love for my fellow enthusiasts, I cannot ask anyone to make this sort of difficult decision simply because I am asking for a gathering. I appreciate the passion and familial love that this gathering has established since The Godfather, Randaddy, @Randarosa started the Bubbalicious oh so many years ago. To be the steward of it for the last several years has been immensely satisfying.

It is with a very heavy heart that I am shutting this down.

Love to you all, be safe, and we'll get back together with a vengeance when the world gets its shit together.

·
Registered
650 Posts
This is sad but a responsible thing to do.
I still have my cabin reserved for the 20th of September, and will keep the reservation. I generally travel solo so if things are reasonably safe I will head down there on my own. Currently my employer will not allow me to travel to TN and back with out quarantining for 14 days... so we shall see how this all works out. Maybe I will quit and go off grid and resurface in South America at some point ............. :)

·
Administrator
20,034 Posts
Well, can't say it is a mistake...just wish it wasn't so.
Gives me a bit more time to fiddle with Art's 125.
Save up our pennies for next year !!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
:cry: I completely understand why this decision had to be made. :cry:

With that being said. I see Allworld might still be making an appearance. I know there's a few guys that live in that area or kinda close by.

Then there's fools like myself that will be making the trek up from SW FL... (unless they lock down the state)

Just thought I would see who else is still planning on attending. I completely understand IF there's no ((hugs)) this time around :)

BUUUUT I am craving those roads and those afternoon Creek sessions to clear my mind, body, and soul from all this bs that is taking place in the world. Even IF its just a little escape from the reality we all live in currently, an escape is much needed.

((hugs)) to everyone. Please be safe

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
It’s a sad thing but understandable. Not sure I’d even manage to get there this year so probably the result I would’ve had anyway

·
Super Moderator
22,450 Posts
Oh, we have had ZOOM calls with a group from here...epic!

Reactions: Edward

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well dam...news keeps getting worse..they just made outside gatherings here limited to 250 so racing is out too..not sure what Roger and I will do ,we have a cabin rented but our employer wants us to quarantine if we travel to Tennessee unless things change..guess it's more time to go hunting lol..

·
Registered
650 Posts
we have a cabin rented but our employer wants us to quarantine if we travel to Tennessee unless things change..
I'm in the same boat, but I may just go for it.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
A lot of the states have had the spikes for a month then it starts to die down. Maybe that will be the case for the southern states.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Say it isn't so....

·
Registered
650 Posts
Well we were just updated at work about our vacation. We are no longer required to quarantine for 14 days.
The new policy is 2 days and you must get tested for covid 19 and be negative. That is much easier for me to do. Not sure if the risk factor will improve but maybe.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Well we were just updated at work about our vacation. We are no longer required to quarantine for 14 days.
The new policy is 2 days and you must get tested for covid 19 and be negative. That is much easier for me to do. Not sure if the risk factor will improve but maybe.
Hopefully things will get better by September!!

·
Super Moderator
22,450 Posts
NO POLITICS in this thread....

·
Super Moderator
22,450 Posts
It simply sucks....

·
Administrator
20,034 Posts
Reactions: Allworld and Edward