MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone. It's my first post. Picking up a Dragster 800 on Thursday. It's winter here so it'll be a couple months to ride it. Only 6 available in Canada. This is my second Italian bike this year. Went to the Duc dealer to get parts for my Panigale and saw this beast sitting there. My wife is on a 2012 Honda 600rr that shes pretty much has nothing left to do to dress it up. So she wanted another bike to play with. She's fell in love with the Italian bikes since I got my Panigale 899. Just sucks we can't ride them yet. The Ducs been in my living room since November.lol

Her CBR

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Thats not a bad first post, winter sucks doesn't it :(
hope you enjoy it :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats not a bad first post, winter sucks doesn't it :(
hope you enjoy it :)
It's not too bad. I have sleds and a Commander to get by so i don't go completely nuts.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
chrisj,
welcome to your wife and you. I am a little confused, comes easy at my age, is the Dragster for your wife or for you? Or is is a shared toy? My wife rides as well and we do share the bikes around. Except I always seem to get to clean them fill them with fuel and stuff like that, not a lot of riding them!

jimboF4

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chrisj,
welcome to your wife and you. I am a little confused, comes easy at my age, is the Dragster for your wife or for you? Or is is a shared toy? My wife rides as well and we do share the bikes around. Except I always seem to get to clean them fill them with fuel and stuff like that, not a lot of riding them!

jimboF4
I guess it's for both. She likes the sportbikes so I'm assuming she'll be trying to steal my Ducati. So I didn't want to get stuck with her 600rr, so decided on a cool 3rd bike.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
My local dealer said they had the Dragster coming in today so I'll have to get down there to take a look, just need to get Noah to give me back my Ark so I can get there :)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
A bit wet down here

My local dealer said they had the Dragster coming in today so I'll have to get down there to take a look, just need to get Noah to give me back my Ark so I can get there :)

Pop down to the Somerset levels Chris, I will give you a few sailing lessons:laughing:

jimboF4

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I'm thinking of getting one of those Quadski's that I saw on top gear I fit gets any worse! :laughing:

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
chrisj,

jimboF4
Jimbo.....being married, you should know the answer to your own question....what's yours is hers, and what's hers is hers......:)

Welcome Chris.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Randy, your so right, at my time of life I really should have worked it all out by now. Oh well anything for an easy life.

jimboF4

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Sweet photos. :yo:

So, you bought your bikes from Monette Sports? I would have thought Ottawa to have been closer to Cornwall then Montreal. Guess I thought wrong huh! :crazyeyes

I had a look at the 899 also but, I'm too much in lust with my F3. I still have my 900 SS FE though and the wife rides an M796 so I can still get a fix of L twin grunt if I need it. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Sweet photos. :yo:

So, you bought your bikes from Monette Sports? I would have thought Ottawa to have been closer to Cornwall then Montreal. Guess I thought wrong huh! :crazyeyes

I had a look at the 899 also but, I'm too much in lust with my F3. I still have my 900 SS FE though and the wife rides an M796 so I can still get a fix of L twin grunt if I need it. :)
I ended up getting it at Motorsports World. They are about the same distance. I find Monette hard to communicate cause I'm not french. I sat on a Stealth Black F3 800 last night. Very nice bike. Maybe another bike in the future.lol We were going to get the M796 but when i saw this Dragster it had to come home. Very stunning bike.

Got rid of the rear pegs. I don't see the point of them. Couldn't imagine someone a passenger on this bike.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Hey! I bought my MV from Motor Sports World too! Although the young guy I dealt with isn't there anymore, he did a good job. He even photographed the bike coming out of the crate for me.
I didn't recognise the shop in the photos plus you said; "Went to the Duc dealer to get parts for my Panigale and saw this beast sitting there." Motor Sports World is a Yamaha / MV dealer. So, I assumed you must have bought from Monette's as they sell both Ducatis and MV's. (Along with every other brand...)
So does that mean you bought your 899 from Powersports Canada? I know the two shops are only minutes apart from each other. I always stop in to see what they have when ever I'm down that way with Molly. Ah... that's my F3. I call her Red Molly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey! I bought my MV from Motor Sports World too! Although the young guy I dealt with isn't there anymore, he did a good job. He even photographed the bike coming out of the crate for me.
I didn't recognise the shop in the photos plus you said; "Went to the Duc dealer to get parts for my Panigale and saw this beast sitting there." Motor Sports World is a Yamaha / MV dealer. So, I assumed you must have bought from Monette's as they sell both Ducatis and MV's. (Along with every other brand...)
So does that mean you bought your 899 from Powersports Canada? I know the two shops are only minutes apart from each other. I always stop in to see what they have when ever I'm down that way with Molly. Ah... that's my F3. I call her Red Molly.
Yes I got my Pani from powersports. I bought from Art over the phone. I saw this bike at Monettes first. Called Art and they had one. Tried to get a bit of a deal but it was no dice from either dealer. So just went with them because it's close to the powersports so if bikes are in for service they're nearby.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Chris,

Whats with the little black box on the left side of your Dragster????
The on near the exhaust..., just curiosity !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts