MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a simple test flash website. First time playing around with flash, so pardon my newbi-ness looking flash site. :D

On my computer, it views fine. Like it does when I test the movie with ctrl+enter in Flash Pro 8. Crisp, clean, etc....

But, after exported as a movie (file>export>export as movie or crtl+alt+shift+S) and burned onto a CD, the images are funny looking. Distorted, like the people are made of wax or something, or you're looking through some glass. Also, it's not as crisp. But only on SOME other computers. It looks fine on mine. It looked fine on my sisters PC, but it wasn't crisp (like on mine), it was all pixelized and looked like you were trying to view some colorful picture in safe mode(exaggerrated, but you get the point). It was pixelized, blocky and not very clean as shown on my PC.

So I "published" it, and get the same results. :angry:

Funny thing is, is I'll test the file itself on the burned CD and it looks fine on my computer. But I take the very same CD to another computer, and sometimes the correct fonts aren't displayed either along with jacked pictures. And sometimes, things aren't even aligned correctly.

What would cause this problem?

The pictures are jpg images. Does that affect how they get displayed when published or exported as an swf file? Like I said, the above link of the file posted looks fine to me. All the fonts show, no picture distortion, everything lined up, all the colors right.

Below is the link to the file:

GET_LOCALIZED!!!

Wierd thing is, some friends were using Flash player 9, some used swiff player, and others just used whatever flash plug-ins they had for thier browser.

So pretty much, I just wanna know if it's showing up all retarded on some peoples computers. And also, if they can give me any insight as to what I can do on my end to fix this issue.

Also, I dunno if the fact of actually uploading it to a host/server"standardizes" it, and makes everything right, and it was just variances in the driver to view the file itself, or if there really is a problem with the file.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
I just get this message "A page referred you to a direct media link on our site. Please go back and request the author link to the page which the media file was on, rather than media file itself." :confused:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wtf....I'm using the link they gave me...lol, they even say "paste this for forum code"

I just uploaded it again, and the links they give me, do the same thing...dammit....

http://abs.gprime.net/search.php?q=local&s=3

get_localized.swf is the file you're after....but feel free to make comments on the others...

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wtf....

I think the server is getting slammed....I have it posted on 2 other heavy traffic forums...

It does load slowly at the "loading" screen and it does sit there for a sec after it's loaded, but so far, after actually being ABLE to view the file, I'm atleast getting to a loading screen, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts