MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

2015 MV Dragster with 18,000km (11200miles) which hasn’t had valve clearance done. Just minor service by not MV authorised mechanics.
Can loose or too tight valves cause damage to the engine without any symptoms? Thinking of buying the bike but worried about possible damage.

·
Super Moderator
22,709 Posts
One of the first signs of valves needing to be adjusted is a hard start condition. Most modern MVs don't need their valves adjusted at the first interval.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the first signs of valves needing to be adjusted is a hard start condition. Most modern MVs don't need their valves adjusted at the first interval.
It started fine. Cold or hot. Obviously if i got it I would take is straight to the dealer for the valve clearance check and major service including rear hub maintenance. Just worried that when they open the engine they will find that valve or two have already caused damage but haven’t yet dropped. Is it possible? I don’t know anything about engine mechanics.

·
Super Moderator
22,709 Posts
It would be extremely rare. Were it me, I would ride it until the next scheduled valve check at 24,000 km.

There has been a recent rash of valve failures AFTER valve adjustment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts