MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i have a question to ask the mv community as i need a little help. A few months ago i was involved in a hit and run and my bike suffered some significant damage and since it is my first mv and my dream bike i am determined to rebuild her. I have almost all the parts but i need a new set of forks I have a 2007 f4 1000r and was wondering if i can use a set from a older bike like a 2005 or do i have to stick with the same year or newer any help and advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I would stick with a 07 or newer model. They are a better fork. The older ones will work but not sure if you need a different axle since the older forks mount differently.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Do not think so,check if your brake rotors are 320mm or 310mm.Brake setup might be different.Post up some pics of your front end.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Your bike has Marzocchi forks with Brembo gold calipers.Your discs are 320mm.

If you fit the older forks you mention they will be Showa with 310 mm discs and Nissin calipers. The axle will be larger diameter to suit the Showa fork bottoms.
You can use the same wheels. You will need brake hoses for the Nissin Calipers.

So yes you can but why go backwards and devalue your bike ?

It would look like a bitza.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
If you look in the workshop manuals, you will clearly see the difference between the fork pre and post the introduction of the MY06 1000R and the 1000Senna, both started the radial caliper mount system, as well as the other differences mention by the other guys.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys that was big concern cuz I do know about my brake setup having the 320mm rotors and didn't know if it would match up and I also do notice now the different fork bottoms as well

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
different rotors, different axles and bolts, different calipers, different brake lines, same size forks to top and bottom triple

hope above stated help.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I need a new axle as well cuz the original bent so I thought since they were both marzocchi forks it wouldn't matter but I'm not sure

The axle is bend ? That needs a lot impact energy, if so, I can imagine the frame is bend too. Have you checked that ? .... before spending money buying here a piece and there, you should have a clear analysis of the bikes status.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Would stick with the style forks one already has. While i have a set, they are a bit more expensive than one can find on say ebay for instance. Haven't seen another set pop on here in a while. If you want something special though check the be all end all thread in the classifieds.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bike bud. If you wanted to retro fit older forks I do have a complete setup with calipers rotors axle. It would be going a step back however.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts