MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the first generation of F3's (including the Oro) but worried about the fueling and throttle issues they had. Seems the fueling is improving steadily over the latest bike releases, such as Rivale and Dragster. Does anyone know if the 1st gen F3's can be updated with these latest maps? Local dealer service tech seemed to think the answer was no.

·
Registered
895 Posts
They most certainly can, in fact it has been an advertised feature of these bikes since day one. Does your service guy work at an MV dealership? A special diagnostic tool is required to perform these updates.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah he's an MV dealer. He seemed to think the hardware has changed since the early runs and it wouldn't be able to accept the latest maps. Would seem weird if that was the case, though, really limits the market for buying used earlier years if they will be hampered by fueling issues that have subsequently been resolved. I get not being able to install ABS since that is more than just software, but fueling shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Your dealer is 100% incorrect. All model year F3's still use the same ECU and can be updated to all the latest maps. My F3 purchased in August of 2012 was just updated to the newest map last week.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Adding to the previous posts I have a 2012 f3 with the latest mapping update and on one occasion MV wrote to me advising when a new update was available
You might want to check where your dealer is getting his info from

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hang on Dons, you need to check which section you're in mate.:stickpoke
Bend over, I'll show you which section I'm in :jsm: ,but yes, the OP has a pre Y10 bike, and I'm not sure if he's dealer is referring to the "old" software.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Well if he's confused, I think that makes three of us.:confused:
Oh well, nothing another bourbon won't fix.:friday:
I like your thinking mate, time to catch up I recon.:mouthwate

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I think I heard the inporter say that early bikes need new firmware which not every dealer is allowed to do. as the software is dongle protected. To prevent dead bikes if flashing goes wrong.
apart from that new mappings can be done by dealers if their dongle is authorized and they have the password for flashing the map!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts