MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv been told its an s/s 1+1

The images don't reflect a standard spec' bike, are the carbon bits standard and wheels / swing arm usually this blue???

Can anyone tell me if the £5k asking price is reasonable.

Iv haggled a £300 off the price and £200. for stone chips etc. already-

Is it a good buy subject to a good test fright????

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/jamesblond037/MV Agusta/

Cheers all

James

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats blunt and honest!!!

Not a color scheme id of chosen but it will be painted as a race rep this winter so im not too fussed in the short term, doesn't look cringe worthy anyway in my opinion.

Im more interested to learn if its standard spec' or something the pervious owner would of have done + the carbon bits etc.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
It looks like 2002 F4 750 painted swingarm ,wheels, has emoto brutale carbon fiber rear huger , front carbon fender (non of it is standard)

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Nicolino- sounds like he liked it then and spunked a few quid at her

·
Registered
273 Posts
as said looks like an 02 bike think was the only year you could get an all siver bike its a 1+1 with the rear pegs removed swing arm and wheels have been painted, swing arm should be black wheels sould be grey/anthracite the exhaust tips look polishied also may have internals removed? and custom seats and some carbon ?

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
ya see James

everything comes out when you post a thread

out of curiousity is this intended to be a track bike or is the paint job for your own prefference

after my PM I still think you should pay out a few extra quid and go for a 2003 EV03

does the dealer still have the removed rear pegs?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She really is the most i can spend at the moment- Branson i ain't :)

Yes the dealer has the rear pegs- iv also asked him if he can see f the owner has any of the standard running gear too.

The paint job is a grower- not my bag to be honest so will be changed this winter to a race rep color scheme but will do for this season.

Im going to use the bike for the occasional track day (3 per year on average) and longer distance work. My heavily modified 500cc 2 stroke gp replica just isn't a lomg distance machine. I know this is a fairly uncompromising race rep styled bike but it has the advantage of being 4stroke so will swallow miles with ease and a much larger fuel tank- i don't mind ruptured organs and tendonitis in my wrists :)

Im pleased that the owner has spent some money on her- shows he cared so wasn't just left to rot in the garage-

Cheers all and thanks for your feedback

James

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Help me out guys, are valve clearance checks done on the 7500 service

if so James

ask the dealer to check them for you

enjoy the bike, im sure you will be happy with it

so:naughty: when you buying it:naughty:

·
Registered
674 Posts
I believe the only all silver F4S was the '02 "Diamante", which is quite a rare beast, but if you search "Diamante" on this site you will find out more. As others said above, the wheels & swingarm have been painted blue (not to my liking, but to each their own), but if you're planning to build a race rep, you'll no doubt change this anyway, and in that case the carbon goodies are a bonus. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it looks like a well loved bike with polished exhaust, low mileage, etc., and has had some money spent on it. If the bodywork is in good nick I think you should consider keeping it, and picking up a set of shark skinz like the ones Nicolino's photo album (for sale), when the time comes, and using those for the race rep. Here's a link to a pic of a member's Diamante in the gallery:

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/nathancast/photo/27372/

Just my 5c worth...:smoking:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Track bike huh?

Seems to me there was a forum member from Perthshire Scotland offering a smoking deal on an evo 3 and a free track bike.

He may have come to his senses and pulled the deal and decided to keep the bikes. If not he posts here regularly, you should contact him.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Help me out guys, are valve clearance checks done on the 7500 service.
Yes they are. I'll try to dig up the periodic maintenance schedule for the 7500ml service, but I'm sure it must have been posted somewhere here before?

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Track bike huh?

Seems to me there was a forum member from Perthshire Scotland offering a smoking deal on an evo 3 and a free track bike.

He may have come to his senses and pulled the deal and decided to keep the bikes. If not he posts here regularly, you should contact him.
:laughing::laughing::naughty::laughing:

too late Carl; the deal was done

with the sale, I paid of my mortgage

now im hanging around till Millan show to see what new is coming out, if I can hang on that long

failing that there will be a brutale in my garage

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Buying her tom' all being well.

I spoke to Forze Italia @ Silverstone re. service @ bike reliability etc. and they say to just replace the oil + filter. Also if i want to, to replace hydraulic fluids.

As for valves, they say they haven't had to check ANY yet!!!!! just replace the oil+filter ever 3k miles and she will go on like new.

They said the motor will be as close to indestructible as is possible and thankfully not a constant valve clearance adjusting motor and clutch eating machine like my 996 used to be.

At last- a LOW maintenance italian looker with performance to match :)

Cheers all

James

1 - 15 of 15 Posts