1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think it can definitely be restored back to normal obviously finding parts aren't going to happen overnight and its going to cost a pretty penny but if you have the time and spare cash it can be done

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Ebay is selling full fairing kits for the F4 for around 300$ Other shops were asking more than 350$, even more than 400$! If you´re going for the carbon fairings, check with designcorse.com. But the price is going to be much higher.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Repairing the frame to be at 100% is delicate...I would go for another option. Wait until the experts here in the forum tell you what to do - they´ve got the answer for everything.
Let them know your budget, it helps to study the options opened for you.
Tell them also what it needs to be repaired, and what is the condition of the bike as a whole - what it works, what it doesn´t, with as much detail as you can - then they can really help you. :hump:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Oops! I wrote the last posts before reading the link you had - I see everything´s there! The forum geniousus will guide you :popcorn:

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The budget is whatever the project calls for, within reason. If the parts are available... I've worked on old Duc bevels, that's pretty expensive.

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
That frame looks pretty bad. Probably straight, but how to repair the section of crushed in tube???
The cosmetic stuff and even some of the other parts like radiator are not such a big deal.
I am sure you could find a fabricator who could fix the frame, and a Computrack center could put it on their frame jig to correct any alignment.
Pretty low price, but repairing to original is not going to be cheap.
You may find a whole Senna in good shape for what it will cost to fix this one.....but wouldn't it be great to keep a Senna fro being parted out??? (CAG would probably say no)

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Judging by this picture, I seriously doubt that frame is still straight, looks like the steering head bent upwards when they put whatever they did onto that bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Well I would say that 2500$, as the current bid, is giving You an abundance of spares.
Carbon parts, wheels, engine,.. would easily cover the purchasing price.
Now bringing it back to original conditions costs maybe an additional 10.000.
Carbon fairings of decent quality cost a few thousand and than you would need to get them sprayed for another thousand.
Not to mention that You would need the decals.
The frame could be swopped and I saw good frames for a few hundred bucks.
Getting the frame painted in red is another hundred bucks.
And than there are all the little bits and pieces.
So I could imagine buying it as a project or for spare parts but than again I have no cash laying around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts