MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 MV Agusta Rush 1000
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I ride Rush 1000 MY2020.

I tested using MVride app when I got the bike in November last year 2020. The connection went well and there was no problem (except that were were two "RUSH_1000" appeared on the bluetooth device list of my phone). I could even establish the wi-fi connection for firmware update, which I did not actually perform. However, after toying with the app a while, I found out that it offers little use to me in the location where I am (South Korea). I stopped connecting the app and subsequently deleted the bike’s BT profile on the device list on my phone later, as it interfered with the headset I use.

Now, days ago, I tried to reconnect the bike and the app to check if there is anything new such as firmware update. However it did not go as it used to.
First I could not find the proper device name in the BT device to be paired. After a while, I found out that the bike’s BT device name was appearing as “Bluegate”. I managed to connected the BT between the bike and phone using this "Bluegate" profile..

However MVride app could not recognise the bike. Nothing showed up when I tried to pair the bike from the app.
I manually changed the BT device name from "Bluegate" to “RUSH_1000” and retried. The app seemed to recognise the bike and it showed up on the list but it still failed to establish the link in the end.

I tried everything I could think of. I even deleted all the other BT device profiles on my phone and started all again but still in vain.

The technician at the local dealership told me sorry but not much he could do about it.

I am thinking of asking this directly to Varese but want to check if I can get any helpful advice from the forum. I can live without the app and the bike rides superb but still a function missing is a function missing.

Any words of wisdom?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Dealers that do that shit are a sorry bunch of shitbags. If you don't know...then find the fuck out and help the customer. I hope you are able to get it sorted. Email MV directly, they are pretty responsive.

Reactions: pheonixio

·
Registered
142 Posts

I tested using MVride app when I got the bike in November last year 2020. The connection went well and there was no problem (except that were were two "RUSH_1000" appeared on the bluetooth device list of my phone). I could even establish the wi-fi connection for firmware update, which I did not actually perform. However, after toying with the app a while, I found out that it offers little use to me in the location where I am (South Korea). I stopped connecting the app and subsequently deleted the bike’s BT profile on the device list on my phone later, as it interfered with the headset I use.

Now, days ago, I tried to reconnect the bike and the app to check if there is anything new such as firmware update. However it did not go as it used to.
First I could not find the proper device name in the BT device to be paired. After a while, I found out that the bike’s BT device name was appearing as “Bluegate”. I managed to connected the BT between the bike and phone using this "Bluegate" profile..

However MVride app could not recognise the bike. Nothing showed up when I tried to pair the bike from the app.
I manually changed the BT device name from "Bluegate" to “RUSH_1000” and retried. The app seemed to recognise the bike and it showed up on the list but it still failed to establish the link in the end.

I tried everything I could think of. I even deleted all the other BT device profiles on my phone and started all again but still in vain.

The technician at the local dealership told me sorry but not much he could do about it.

I am thinking of asking this directly to Varese but want to check if I can get any helpful advice from the forum. I can live without the app and the bike rides superb but still a function missing is a function missing.

Any words of wisdom?
Hi. It is normal to have "two devices" with the name of the bike. Delete the application and the bike from the Bluetooth settings, start from scratch. If you use iPhone make sure it is up to date and the Mv application is the latest. I just made a video showing the way I do it. Hope you can solve it.

Video:

·
Registered
Brutale Rosso (2021)
2 Posts
Really nice of you to record it, Anthony. Actually saw the video on YT checking MV videos today and then by coincidence in this thread ; )

And Trentemøller (y)(y);)

·
Registered
2020 MV Agusta Rush 1000
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hi. It is normal to have "two devices" with the name of the bike. Delete the application and the bike from the Bluetooth settings, start from scratch. If you use iPhone make sure it is up to date and the Mv application is the latest. I just made a video showing the way I do it. Hope you can solve it.

Video:

View attachment 488449

View attachment 488450
Holla Antony! It is really nice of you to have the vid and the explanation with the picture.. truly apreciate it!
Nevertheless it did not work although I tried doing it “from scratch” already. Checked the versions of iOS and MV Ride app which are up-to-date, deleted and re-installed the app, turned off and on the phone and re-tried, etc. As I told I even deleted all the bluetooth devices on my phone list before I try these.

The way I figure something went wrong with the dashboard software. Last week, as I turned key-on, I found some parameters were initialized just like a factory reset was done (which of couse I didn’t do). UTC +time adjustment, trip meter and service mileage were all reset (and I cannot change the service mileage setting - it’s stuck at 1,000km and I cannot change it. Now I get the service interval exceed warning message on the dashboard everytime I turn on the bike).
I will pay another visit to the local dealer soon. I think I better contact Italy directly if the visit does not provide me with solutions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
I

View attachment 488380

Any words of wisdom?
I have exactly the same issue !
everything was working previously ! I changed my phone and suddenly me DRAGSTER_800RR is now named bluegate and the app MV Ride could not pair with my bike ...
I can still connect the the bluegate device for music and call but MV RIDE is now completly useless ...

Any news on a solution for this f**k "bluegate" issue ?

·
Registered
2020 MV Agusta Rush 1000
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello,
I

I have exactly the same issue !
everything was working previously ! I changed my phone and suddenly me DRAGSTER_800RR is now named bluegate and the app MV Ride could not pair with my bike ...
I can still connect the the bluegate device for music and call but MV RIDE is now completly useless ...

Any news on a solution for this f**k "bluegate" issue ?
No progress yet.
I have sent an email to Varese about the issue and they asked me to bring it to the local dealer and get verified that there is an issue and details.
The local dealer in Seoul told me that I will have to turn in the bike to get the verification and that they are not sure how long it will take, could be a month or longer, which means I will have no ride during that.
I am going to turn in the bike like in mid-November when it will get too cold for enjoyable riding. That will be just for the verification of the issue and I have no idea how this will be resolved.
As I learnt that this issue is not only my problem, I will post if there is any follow up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for the update.

I've sent a email also to varese and still no feedback.
I'll join me local dealer but I have no hope ...
When I purchased the bike, they has absolutely no clue on how to answer my question on the MV ride app and the turn by turn features...

I'll keep you informed when I have news.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts