MV Agusta Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Hi folks,

Same thing happening to my 2016 F3 800. Shoot me I forgot but I think I got under 8k miles on it. Only 1 lobe and 1 bucket have a significant wear. I'm debating what to do, leave it as is or ... change it. It's on an intake as well as the previous users noted hmmm

Attachments

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Updates on my bike…, I was billed $3297 and I had to pay the entire amount. The bike has only 8K, MV would not cover under the goodwill warranty due to having multiple owners and I was not able to approve previous service work. Total $3297, $1750 for new cam plus other parts and the rest amount was for8 hours labor. The Moto-monkey charge me $600 for 4 hours of labor for installing the cam/valve adjustment and another 4 hrs for the 8k maintenance service (total labor $1200 = 8 hrs labor x $150 per hour). The bad news is that Moto-Monkey did not fix the bike correctly and still showing SCU fault code. When I got home, I rode the bike. As soon as I got on a highway, a malfunction fault code popped up on the dashboard screen and when I stopped, it changed to SCU fault code just like before. In May, when I dropped off my bike at the Moto-Monkey, I explained to them about the SCU code, it’s the main reason I took the bike to the MV authorized shop. Also, as they were waiting for the parts to arrive, I have called multiple times to remind them to sort out the SCU fault code, reminded them again when I received a call that the bike is ready for pick-up. I asked them if the SCU code was fixed and they said “YES”, they have cleared the code, multiple people drove the bike and the code did not show up on the screen. How can this be, when I rode the bike, it popped up instantly. I know, I should not trust them, and I should have ridden the bike to ensure it's fixed. But what can I do, they would say the same thing as what they told me on the phone. It’s not them, it’s the wiring, it’s the faulty power commander wiring. I had to leave the bike again for another two months and pay several thousand dollars for them to bill me. What is got to do with the SCU code and the power commander?

I will not go to this place ever again and you shouldn’t either. I was pretty upset as my bike had the same issue after they had my bike for two months, charge me $600 for maintenance service, and the person I talked to on the phone was very rude as I explained to him regarding the SCU fault code. The person did not concern or care about how much I spent or what I went through to fix the bike. He told me that, it was due to too many wires (power commander). As they did the maintenance service work, they found one of the wires was damaged/pinched and they had to fix the wire. When I asked for the manager and he said, the manager wasn’t there and he will return the call. I never received a call from them, two weeks later, I called them. When I talk to the manager, he blamed the power commander, stated that the bike has too many wires and this could be the reason. Are they serious! I left the bike for two months for them to sort this out and the response I get from the manager; they fixed the damaged wire, cleared the fault code, rode and no-fault code was showing as they hooked it up to the diagnostic device. Now they are telling me it could be the power commander or something else. They have no idea or have done nothing to fix the fault code. I waited for two weeks for them to return a call, the manager is telling me, they want me to bring the bike to their shop again to diagnose the fault code (this would be my third trip). Each trip costs me over $1000 (gas, food, hotel, and missing 2 days of work). The Moto-Monkey seemed unethical about the whole thing and like their name, doing some monkey business!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.