MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leon Camier is to stand in for the injured Corti at the Laguna Seca round.
He's a really good rider, and I hope he gets to grip with the F4. It will also be interesting to see what another rider can achieve on the bike.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here are his free practice positions..

FP1-26th, FP2-19th, FP3-18th, FP4-22nd. Times in the 1:25 range..we'll see how superpole goes:flat:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Looks like Leon did alright..

MV Agusta placed well with a 15th in the first race and 10th in the second. Just wish I was able to make it out to WSBK's first race back to the Bay Area. Looks like the fan turn out was not as big as one would expect.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Yeah, saw a few videos from the paddock and I was thinking, "where the hell is everyone?"

Then I remembered that most American riders don't understand the fact that sport bikes are made to turn.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Wonder what Camier's opinion of the F4 was after the race...

A top 10 finish is not bad considering it's his first time on the bike. Hope they keep him longer!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
The lad did well. Let's hope he's kept on for a few more races. Then we'll see what he can really do on the bike.

Dave.

He said it was like no other bike he'd ever ridden and It was his first time racing around the Laguna too :) doubt he'll get another ride, they've got a 6 week break now and Corti will be back by then won't he?

·
Registered
145 Posts
He said it was like no other bike he'd ever ridden and It was his first time cing around the Laguna too :) doubt he'll get another ride, they've got a 6 week break now and Corti will be back by then won't he?
Well he's in for another treat since he gets sub for Hayden on the Aspar Honda MotoGP bike at Indy and Brno. If he does well, maybe someone will pick him up for next year in WSBK or MotoGP.

·
Registered
475 Posts
It being like no other bike is not a nice feature. It makes it hard to ride at the limit. Donsy probably understands what I am talking about.

That is one of the main reasons, apart from parts costs and availability, power and weight, that I switched to a zx-10r for my liter class racing.

I really hope they are just soaking up information that they are feeding into a 2016 design. They definitely have shown with the F3 that they can build a competitive machine when they get after it.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Thanks for posting this shot!
Looking at this it seams that the WSBK F4 is excessively modified and has little to do with the standard F4RR.
The swing arm doesn't look like stock and the billet hub carrier is welded to it for an example.
Looks like they extended it like on the AMA bike in 2007.
So I guess You can't judge handling / stability etc of it unless You rode it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts