MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know if the cam chain tensioner for my 05 750s Brutale and 1078 Brutale will be the same part as in buying a new one will fit either bike ?
Thanks Cus

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Any one know if the cam chain tensioner for my 05 750s Brutale and 1078 Brutale will be the same part as in buying a new one will fit either bike ?
Thanks Cus
Cus

They are different and have different part numbers, but the later 1078 is inter-changable with the early version..

If you get stuck, I have 2x new later kits in stock..

Cheers
J

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
The later ones fail too,eventually, at about three times the recommended service life....

Which reminds me I need to get one for the 910, if you are looking to sell one of those John send me a note with pricing.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
OK, the old chain next to the new one, 1/5th of bugger all difference in the length as far as I can tell.
Hold them both up sideways and about 2 inches extra sag on the old one.
The old chain has done about 60000km and suffered a catastrophic failure (it snapped!) when the tensioner died.
Both chains have the same marking on them : DID FTH 219.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info Rich, I think I`ll park my 750 (48,000kms) till the new tensioner arrives from John, Murphy`s Law being what it is. did the pieces of the busted tensioner come out with it or drop into the pan ?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Thanks for the info Rich, I think I`ll park my 750 (48,000kms) till the new tensioner arrives from John, Murphy`s Law being what it is. did the pieces of the busted tensioner come out with it or drop into the pan ?
The bits all came out with it. Keep riding, mine didn't die until twice that distance and you WILL know if the tensioner stops working - your normally quite noisy engine will be even noisier than a dry clutch Ducati.... Stop riding it then and push/trailer it home.

I was previously informed my failed tensioner was the later design, but as John says that's just 9 years of dirt, not black paint, it is the early version.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.