Thank you that calms me down...a little. I will begin to reassemble the rest. BTW what did you use to re-torque the cam covers? I can't get the torque wrench into some of the places between frame and head.I’d say in your instance with what you’ve described everything will run fine.
I had a nightmare run with this task to the point where I put it all back together ignoring the fact that as I turned the crank that there was some resistance.
It would still turn through but there was a little resistance.
Anyway, on start up she made a hell of a racket before I immediately shut her down.
I thought that I’d destroyed the engine.
Long story short, pulled it back down again and re assembled so that the marks were as best as I could get them, with zero resistance when rotating the crank, and she has run as sweet as ever since.