MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,375 Posts
I believe that the first picture is a Desmosedici with Braketech carbon discs and the second one is an Aprilia RSV4 with Braketech carbon discs.

There is a Tambo that I know of that has these aftermarket parts (carbon wheels & discs) installed but that sure isn't it.
That's owned by Donnie and is Tambo #256.

See pics 3 & 4 below.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I believe that the first picture is a Desmosedici with Braketech carbon discs and the second one is an Aprilia RSV4 with Braketech carbon discs.

There is a Tambo that I know of that has these aftermarket parts (carbon wheels & discs) installed but that sure isn't it.
That's owned by Donnie and is Tambo #256.

See pics 3 & 4 below.
Not bad if you get all the bikes for the one price

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Liking the Tambo with BST and rotors.

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Ebay member since yesterday.......Zero transactions

Its BS

:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
24,123 Posts
I didn't know the Tamburini had a "race mode"......

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Ok,I'm a eBay dummy, so help me understand. This guy's obviously a scammer. How does he win if someone bites? He doesn't have a bike to actually sell, and no human with an IQ higher than 60 is gonna send him any money with zero feedback and short time, correct? What is he hoping to accomplish?

·
Super Moderator
7,375 Posts
Hi Randy.

I think another question may be: Why pick such a unique bike?
How may people have even heard of a Tamburini?
The only reason I can think of is that they wanted to limit the amounts of hits on their "auction" and hope that among them there will be just one person willing to send funds remotely without inspection of the bike.
The Tamburini is a bike that pulls at the heartstrings and that can cloud the rationality of due diligence.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Hi Randy.

I think another question may be: Why pick such a unique bike?
How may people have even heard of a Tamburini?
The only reason I can think of is that they wanted to limit the amounts of hits on their "auction" and hope that among them there will be just one person willing to send funds remotely without inspection of the bike.
The Tamburini is a bike that pulls at the heartstrings and that can cloud the rationality of due diligence.
I still don't get it. The starting bid is $22K.......you're telling me that there are individuals with that kind of spare change willing to wire a minimum of $22K to a zero feedback poster? I still don't get it.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,200 Posts
Evidently it is in Phoenix/Mesa area and Number7 is looking for someone to go inspect it for him. (see his recent posts).

Who knows? You can't always take things at first flush.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I still don't get it. The starting bid is $22K.......you're telling me that there are individuals with that kind of spare change willing to wire a minimum of $22K to a zero feedback poster? I still don't get it.
Randy, don't underestimate the stupidity of the populace...including Ebay bidders! There are probably people out there who don't even look at feedback....

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
No, but they may send 10 -20% as a good faith down payment within minutes of the auction closing. Scammer only needs to get a couple of paypal deposits like that and then their gone.

There are no end to these. I've seen dozen of MV's in recent months for bargain prices. Usual deal was an Ottawa or Toronto number but the bike photos would show US plates or palm trees or some other give away. I know every last one was a scam.

A quick Google search reveals lots of them.

http://www.wheels.ca/news/five-canadians-out-200000-after-falling-for-u-s-car-scams/

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=ebay+car+scams+phoenix

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
So, the scammer is looking for $500 or $1000 from paypal, and then they're gone? Is that it?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts