MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just waitin on the delivery of a Power Commander PCIII for my F4 750. Just want some opinion on what EPROM to run in the ECU.

Only work done on the bike is to have the exhaust cored out (sounds nice :naughty:).

I have a stock EPROM, a Corse F4S-SIL or a custom RG3 to choose from. Any suggestions from you blokes in the know. Any of these gonna make any difference?

Cheers in advance..
Simon

·
Super Moderator
21,433 Posts
;)Neither...it Trick F*cks it!:naughty:

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
The PC modifies the signal to the injectors from the ECU so you still have to use the chip. The injectors spray fuel at a constant pressure and regulate the amount by how long they're open. The PC takes the ECU signal, changes the amount of time the injectors are open and sends that signal to the injectors.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Chip is immaterial with a PC, however, get the co and throttle balance checked/set BEFORE you have a custom map made, that way it will stay in tune next time it needs the throttles balanced

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input guy's. Think I'll throw in the RG3 chip and see how i go. Now, where's that bloody PC3 Mr Postman!

·
Registered
363 Posts
You don't have to use the Chip, as the PCIII overrides it anyway. However, if you do want to get the extra revs, fit it BEFORE you map the PCIII. Otherwise you'll require another session on the dyno.

Think of your PCIII and custom map as being the translator between factory settings and the true capability of your bike (provided a good dyno centre is used for the mapping!)

If you want more explanation of how it works or the order of things then I'm happy to write a bit more :)

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hi mate- iv had the cassoli conversion and its louder and deeper in sound than my mates RG3's !!!

Coupled with that i had the same power commander 3 fitted, again no need for a chip and this was all done by RJS Superbikes @ Mallory Circuit, Ade there used to work on Race MV's so he knows them inside out.

They then set it all up on the dyno.

Fantastic power curve with no flat spots and it sounds the dogs... also power went up from 121-127bhp, not huge but it feels like a different bike now.

I also had a Ducati 996 throttle fitted which makes it a q.a one, the improved impeller mod and turned the engine kill into a manual fan switch- it all works perfectly :) lav it

Let me know if youd like a sound clip and i will sort one for you mate

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts