MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help.
I'm trying to do the next track day with MTC at the Willow big track. But I'm in a little bit of a jam with tires. I need to get the street rubber off the hoops and put on some race buns.

The problem is that I don't have any stands (front or rear) that work with the MV!

Can someone help me out? I'd need to borrow the stands for a day or two.

I'm in Irvine (Culver & Irvine Blvd).

Alex

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
odonata said:
I am sure someone will help out... but do you not have time to go buy a set of stands somewhere?
yeah, i do. but i'm trying not get them for "retail". i'm holding out that someone can help me in the short term.

alex

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
altoon said:
yeah, i do. but i'm trying not get them for "retail". i'm holding out that someone can help me in the short term.

alex
While we are on this subject, have you done research on the stands? which kind/makes and prices?

I have the Woodcraft stands for my R6, they are great but I know they won't work for F4, did you not get one when you got the bike from the guy?, all F4 comes with a rear stand and supposely works very well if one knows how to use them properly(according to Samson), it involves just one person kneeling down behind the bike and manually installing it.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
odonata said:
While we are on this subject, have you done research on the stands? which kind/makes and prices?

I have the Woodcraft stands for my R6, they are great but I know they won't work for F4, did you not get one when you got the bike from the guy?, all F4 comes with a rear stand and supposely works very well if one knows how to use them properly(according to Samson), it involves just one person kneeling down behind the bike and manually installing it.
No, I didn't get the stand from the prior owner. They claimed they didn't get one.

But I have to admit that another reason that I'm holding off on this is that I'm working on a stand design of my own. My plan is to have some castors (which can be raised/lowered) on the stand so that I can roll the bike around even if the rear wheel is missing. I'd also like to incorporate a hydraulic pump jack to lift the bike. I've got a general idea of how I want this thing to look, just need to spend a little time on the CAD tool and draw it up.

Then of course, there is the fabrication part...

Anyway, it's an idea I'm kicking around.

Alex

·
Registered
735 Posts
you can borrow my rear pit bull. I live in Ladera Ranch near Crown Valley and Antonio.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
altoon said:
No, I didn't get the stand from the prior owner. They claimed they didn't get one.

But I have to admit that another reason that I'm holding off on this is that I'm working on a stand design of my own. My plan is to have some castors (which can be raised/lowered) on the stand so that I can roll the bike around even if the rear wheel is missing. I'd also like to incorporate a hydraulic pump jack to lift the bike. I've got a general idea of how I want this thing to look, just need to spend a little time on the CAD tool and draw it up.

Then of course, there is the fabrication part...

Anyway, it's an idea I'm kicking around.

Alex
Great... keep us updated! if it works well, it would be a nice side business for you.

Just a thought, you might as well set up a questionnaire to ask the members what they want in stands to help you with the design process?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I smell a possible group buy in the works :naughty:

If you did sell them, considering they'de have hydraulics, what would be the ballpark price?

I was thinkin the other day..."we need hydraulic stands with wheels...that'd be sick...."

Group buy or not...I'de be down for a set.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nate & Ben,

Let me get my drawings put together. I'll send them to you, or post them (somehow) and we can discuss what I'm thinking about. I'd really like to get as much input into this before I start with the hardware, if it gets that far.

Also, I'm having a little bit of trouble sourcing a pump. Harbor Freight, Grainger, and others similar, have two ton bottle pump jacks, but that is SO over kill for this. Honestly, what I'm looking for is more like the pump that is used on a hair salon chair, with the foot acutated lever.

I guess I need to talk with the people that make salon chairs!

Alex

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have a rear Pit Bull you can use. I'm in Orange.

Also, I got mine up in the front with a bit of a cludge using a standard pit bull front stand, but it did work and was stable enough. Lemme know if you get desperate for the front. :laughing:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mika said:
you can borrow my rear pit bull. I live in Ladera Ranch near Crown Valley and Antonio.
I may be moving back to Ladera Ranch this summer (I still have a house there). I live on Shively Road, so let me know if you are interested in riding on weekends. :later:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
my buddies cheap Micron rear stand worked wonderful on the Front of my MV to get the wheels off. They are padded and fit perfectly. Very Stable too...expecially with the MV rear stand going too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts