MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TO: All Forum Members and Guests

I hereby formally propose an annual event at or near the California Superbike School be organized. Let's plan for '08, maybe early summer. The same date(s) each year would be great. There's plenty of time to plan a quality schedule, which can include the School and other events. Good eats, good riding, and meeting everyone would be great.

We might even get some commercial support from MV-USA, dealers, etc. Apparel and accessories for sale, demo rides... the works. Almost a mini-VMD/Mid-Ohio.

Please post feedback. Thanx in advance.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
odonata said:
interesting idea, a day course or 2 day camp?

perhaps trackday would be more practical and if instructions was needed we can hire a few pro racers?
Ben, Greg, and Others...

ANY format or venue would be great. I'm looking for several main components to such an event.

1) Annually recurring on the same date(s)/week(end)
2) Track time with professional instruction available
3) Strong MV theme, even though others welcome
4) Commercial involvement, even if no sponsorship
5) Structured, but informal schedule of other activities
6) LOTS of ride time - track AND public roads
7) Showcase area for all bikes to be parked/displayed for all to see
8) Local "Day Rides" before/during/after bulk of group schedule
(With "core dates" for the main events - say Fri/Sat/Sun, those who want only a 3-day could come and go. With "Day Rides", some could come early for Wed/Thu outings and/or stay late for Mon/Tue parts. Total would be one week.)

ROUGH OUTLINE:
Wed and Thu
Breakfast/Morning Ride
Lunch/Afternoon Ride
Dinner/Evening Ride
Fri thru Sun
Breakfast/Morning Track Time
Lunch/Organized Activities and Day Rides
Dinner/Evening Club Ride
Mon and Tue
Breakfast/Morning Ride
Lunch/Afternoon Ride
Dinner/Evening Ride

Regional sharing of trailers/towing could be arranged in groups for those coming from "afar".

Please more responses. Yes... No... Good... Bad...Other Suggestions... ?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Pacific Tracktime runs events similar to this at Laguna Seca...but without the commercial involvement. Maybe you could get them to partner?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I agree...let's shoot for '07. Laguna would be better. I'd also opt for a non-commercial venue as was proposed. Those of us that need some individual attention should be able to find someone to instruct us. Will it be MV only? I'd ride my Ducati 749R on the track but probably not the MV Corse. I could bring it along though for street rides.

Steve

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
WYD OPN said:
Ben, Greg, and Others...

ANY format or venue would be great. I'm looking for several main components to such an event.

1) Annually recurring on the same date(s)/week(end)
2) Track time with professional instruction available
3) Strong MV theme, even though others welcome
4) Commercial involvement, even if no sponsorship
5) Structured, but informal schedule of other activities
6) LOTS of ride time - track AND public roads
7) Showcase area for all bikes to be parked/displayed for all to see
8) Local "Day Rides" before/during/after bulk of group schedule
(With "core dates" for the main events - say Fri/Sat/Sun, those who want only a 3-day could come and go. With "Day Rides", some could come early for Wed/Thu outings and/or stay late for Mon/Tue parts. Total would be one week.)

ROUGH OUTLINE:
Wed and Thu
Breakfast/Morning Ride
Lunch/Afternoon Ride
Dinner/Evening Ride
Fri thru Sun
Breakfast/Morning Track Time
Lunch/Organized Activities and Day Rides
Dinner/Evening Club Ride
Mon and Tue
Breakfast/Morning Ride
Lunch/Afternoon Ride
Dinner/Evening Ride

Regional sharing of trailers/towing could be arranged in groups for those coming from "afar".

Please more responses. Yes... No... Good... Bad...Other Suggestions... ?
ben
i truly appreciate this WELL THOUGHT-OUT plan
i'm ALL for it

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Thread is now stuck to the top of this section (events).

Let's get the show on the road- I'd love to see a great event for mv.net over here!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes but I could merge a nice trip to California, a dreamy ride at Laguna Seca and some good riding lessons.
And meeting some guys from a forum...you know...that mv thing...:laughing:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Interesting...

A west coast event leaves us east and midwest guys far away.

Will discuss with Cagiva US. Maybe, moving to Miller motorsport park in Utah with an instructional format after an AMA event would work. Plenty of lead time is key.

Peter

·
Registered
398 Posts
Reopropf said:
Interesting...

Will discuss with Cagiva US. Maybe, moving to Miller motorsport park in Utah with an instructional format after an AMA event would work. Plenty of lead time is key.

Peter
I with Peter, to far for us Midwest Guys... :bawling:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Reopropf said:
Interesting...

Peter
Like you said, lead time is key. After LS, I'd be up for Miller, Mid-Ohio, or Road Atlanta. They're all on my list of must rides :yo:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I dont think a track and public road event would fare too well unless there are really good roads close to the track...plus the logistics of it all would be tougher. Switching to street rubber, putting signals, and lights back in order etc.
For track: I know Barber has all these, but any track with the follwoing accomidations.....
Camping...both in separate camping area or the paddock.
Clean....showers etc.
Close hotels
and sweet course.

If public....
somewhere remote, based out of smaller city with lots of roads....
Deals gap is very biker friendly.....Sherriff caught us at the gas station after someone called on us....and said, "we know what yall are doing, just try not to scare the locals...have good day"
Ozarks are great....my local sportbike club has an annual rally, we get the whole hotel and party all night in the back lot....the local cops always visit and bid us safe riding. Last year the local Air Evac helicopter showed up for a visit.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts